Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #1

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Okay, is this common at RV Parks?

we visited Lynnville RV Park, a Good Sam Park, and found 1 site we found acceptable for our needs.
went to the gate and reserved out site for July 15th to the 18th.
We get here and we don't have our site. We have a site but it's not the one we planned for. I'm livid! !
is this common practice at parks? At the state parks I've stayed at it hasn't been an issue.
The site is not the site I reserved! I wanted privacy and I don't have it now.
So no time to go anywhere else what would you do?
Should I have called the week before and day before to confirm? The person that is on MY site is there for 10 days. I'd say I was shuffled for them. To me this is unacceptable business practice.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #2

If the office took your request for a specific site I would assume they would honor it or at least call you and explain why not. Calling to confirm would have been good after the fact but the park should have called you if a change was necessary.

I'm sure you're disappointed after finding that a nice private quiet site turned into something you didn't want. Bummer.

This park doesn't get the best reviews. I would use it as only an overnight if at all:

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...ark-campground

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:10 PM   #3

Georgie Boy Owners Club
It will be an interesting conversation tomorrow am.
I didn't believe this to be a common practice but I've been known to be wrong. Wanted to check with other RV Park Patrons to make sure. I'll call it poor business on their part. I will file a complaint with the city on the park attendant. To top it off this is what I requested for me an spouse to do together as part of my 50th Birthday. So I'm just got at what some people deem appropriate business practices.
I saw the poor reviews. That's why I drove here 3 weeks ago to check it out an picked out the site appropriate for our needs. We planned on fishing with our boat an camping with our dogs. We picked out the most level site shaded etc etc.... What did I get a site I can't get level on no shade no privacy an geese crap all over. Had to pick geese crap up for 30 minutes.
I would of went elsewhere to fish an camp if I didn't get that site. Now I have no time to plan that either.
Guess I'll look an see what's available I'm not going to be uopeful.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:21 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
This only happened once to us and it was in Page, AZ. It worked to our benefit as it turned out to be better than what we had reserved. I don't think it happens often. Once when we were at a park we decided we wanted to extend our stay but couldn't because it was reserved for the next day. That is the way it should work.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:32 PM   #5

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
This only happened once to us and it was in Page, AZ. It worked to our benefit as it turned out to be better than what we had reserved. I don't think it happens often. Once when we were at a park we decided we wanted to extend our stay but couldn't because it was reserved for the next day. That is the way it should work.
Exactly! There's campgrounds that I've looked at staying at an decided against because Of having to break camp to move to another site. I wish this would of worked to my advantage. I really really do.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:40 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wait till you get to a park and find the site you've had booked for 6 months is still occupied, and they don't have another site you can fit in !!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:52 PM   #7

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Wait till you get to a park and find the site you've had booked for 6 months is still occupied, and they don't have another site you can fit in !!
Are you serious!!! had you prepaid too?
Did you call ahead an confirm the reservation? I just don't understand how that could happen.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:47 AM   #8

Poor business practice....I have not had it happen to me, but this type of screwup does not surprise me....Make the best of it....
Old 07-16-2015, 12:52 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Was the park in Lynville Indiana? If so go to Scales Lake outside Booneville. It is a County park and way better and cheaper than the Lynville GS. They will have good space choices.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:46 AM   #10

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Was the park in Lynville Indiana? If so go to Scales Lake outside Booneville. It is a County park and way better and cheaper than the Lynville GS. They will have good space choices.
Yes better RV space not fishing. We brought our big fishing boat 20' stratus to fish the pits. Now I'm looking for something else. I'm livid still at 2am!
Old 07-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #11

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Well had conversation with gate personnel. It is what it is. I don't have the site that we reserved. She had it wrote down. She promised me if I'd come back I would get that site. We will see. Went fishing this am. Hopefully no more drama.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
One point of clarification, this not a "Good Sam Park", it's just listed in a Good Sam Guide.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #13

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
One point of clarification, this not a "Good Sam Park", it's just listed in a Good Sam Guide.

Fred
A www. I wondered why there was no rating.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Never had that happen. Guess I have been lucky.

It is a poor business practice. Most of parks we check into actually move people around when specific sites are reserved, and they let the ones being moved about it when they check in.