Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #1

We went out in our RV camping for the very first time this past weekend. It was alot of fun but a little cramped. The campground was very nice and very clean. We bought a few items at the camp store and to my surprise the prices were very resonable. The staff was very helpful and the grounds were spotless and they had trash p/u every AM. Most important the shower rooms were very clean. I liked the fact that it was w/in walking distance of Dutch Wonderland as we had 3 little ones with us. I would go back again in a heartbeat.
Rick and Robin

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #2

We went out in our RV camping for the very first time this past weekend. It was alot of fun but a little cramped. The campground was very nice and very clean. We bought a few items at the camp store and to my surprise the prices were very resonable. The staff was very helpful and the grounds were spotless and they had trash p/u every AM. Most important the shower rooms were very clean. I liked the fact that it was w/in walking distance of Dutch Wonderland as we had 3 little ones with us. I would go back again in a heartbeat.
Rick and Robin

Old 06-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Rick and Robin,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Old Mill Stream. We also find it to be a great CG.

An added bonus we like is the Amish family with the horse-drawn buggy that comes around selling their home-made baked goodies.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:45 AM   #4

We just spent 5 days there earlier this month, really liked the CG, but the surrounding area with all the farms and pastures was just fantastic! If you like beautiful farm scenery, Lancaster county is the place to go.
lhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

CLICK HERE for their very informative webpage.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:49 AM   #6

This is a nice campground. We were there last year and are scheduled to return this October. We like the outlets in Lancaster as well as the scenary. We will be at the same campsite as last year.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We will be leaving Saturday for Lancaster area. I looked at the old Mill Stream Camp ground and decided to stay instead at Country Acres Campground. We are retired and it seemed to me that Old Mill Stream would be more for a family with kids. Woodalls had a better recommendation for Country Acres too. I will post when we return as to the accuracy of woodalls.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #8

We go there with a group every November. They are always very accomadating and the place is always clean & spotless. The area is also great for shopping outlets and the food in the area is awesome. A great location for this CG, right in the middle of all the action.
Buzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
My trip is delayed for a week but I will still be going to Country Acres a week later. I had a minor medical problem and canceled the reservations for the 21st with only one days notice. They did not charge me for the short notice cancellation. Buzzcuts post about them being very accomodating was right on. Thanks all for the replys.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
We have been going there for about 5 years. We go last week Sept first week Oct.
The Amish couple are Daniel & Emma and are very friendly. Start talking to them about who bakes what and the Quilting group they have.
Jim & Diane the couple that manage the CG go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
Only downside is the way the east side is set up, but with the new pull-thru it makes a lot easier for big rigs.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote