Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2004, 06:08 AM   #1

I live in Southern Ontario and we (me, wife, daughter 5, daughter 7) are looking for input on some good places to try. We have been to Byng island in Dunnville which was very nice and Sherkston shores which is my wifes favorite, and a couple of smaller places. My wife doesn't like the idea of swimming in small lakes although she will swim in lake erie she prefers a pool. We travel with a pop up trailer and usually spend the weekend only. Ony good experiences??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2004, 06:08 AM   #2

I live in Southern Ontario and we (me, wife, daughter 5, daughter 7) are looking for input on some good places to try. We have been to Byng island in Dunnville which was very nice and Sherkston shores which is my wifes favorite, and a couple of smaller places. My wife doesn't like the idea of swimming in small lakes although she will swim in lake erie she prefers a pool. We travel with a pop up trailer and usually spend the weekend only. Ony good experiences??

Old 03-14-2004, 07:20 AM   #3

Hi Pinery Prov.near Grand Bend.Just have kids stay on trails there's a lot of poison ivy.Rondow Prov.Erie Lake on the north shore.stay on trails wood and deer ticks are bad there!A nice spot also is Cathcart Park on the St. Clair River,clean, good dog control,nice for all kids,and older ones as well.On a 1-10 scale I say a 10. look at a map under Somber Ont on St.Clair River.Hope this helps See You the Bushman said that Eh!! John Gone By By..

John&Jeannette&Squeak the camping Ferret. Dodge2003H.O.6speed,4x4 long bed,Prodigy, smoker,oil burner.(lol)2004 285 Courgar 5er&10'pup for the 4 wheeler and other gear the wife needs(lol)Life is Good!!Hunt,Fish,Camp.Sit around the fire at night.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #4

try Riverside Park in Niagara Falls smaller campground with all the typical stuff. Nice pool although it isn't heated. Playground for the kiddos and the bike trail is right there.
http://www.riversideparkcampgrd.com/index.html
We enjoy this one for a quick get away.
Turkey Point is nice if you like the provincial parks but you have to drive to the beach. We generally head north when we want to get away but that drive through TO is a PITA.
I have heard that Elora Gorge is nice but we haven't tried there yet, hopefully this summer for a weekend.

http://luvourjayco.4t.com/
Old 03-16-2004, 02:11 PM   #5

we drove to Elora gorge drove around and left there is no warning when you get close to the gorge. This worried us with the kids at night (they were younger then though).
I asked a friend the same question and he says Happyhills just north east of London is good, must be everytime we calle dthey were booked solid.
One campground we go to every year is Nicholston dam, It's right across the road from notawassaga inn golf club on higway 89 about 10 minutes west of the 400.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We personally like the following campgrounds;
KOA Toronto West
KOA Niagara Falls Ontario
Green Acres Campground in Waterloo
JM2CW
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:37 AM   #7

Hi Camper,
We have 3 girls age 2,4,6. We are weekend campers as well.
Green Acreswww.greenacrepark.com-St.Jacobs is nice. Swimming pool,Hot tub,great playgrounds,walking,ponds,activities. We live 45 min's away from there and it is our place of choice to get away and not far from home.
Another good one is Bingemans camping and waterpark in Kitchener. www.bissellshideaway.com-Water Park.
Koa Niagra Falls on Lundys Lane is always fun. Indoor/outdoor pool and lots of activites within c.ground,Sat.night entertainment(bandshell). A little pricy.
Carsons Campground-Sauble Beach-Indoor pool,beach,activitie,playgrounds are ok. Only thing if weather is crappy not a lot to do in the town itself. With Lake Huron it can make for a miserable weekend reccommend in the hotter summer months.
Thousand Islands Koa campground is ok I found the pool cold.
The koa on the 400 near cookville hasn't got a lot in it. Their pool is wonderful and a very clean campground.

Enjoy!!!
Should you experience any I didn't mention please forward to us.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:30 AM   #8

I can recommend two parks in the Guelph vicinity. The park and campground in the community of Rockwood is very nice, but it fills up rapidly with people who camp for long periods. There's a playground and a stream in which to swim. It's very nice for kids. The other park, which is much larger, is the Guelph Lake Conservation Area. There's hiking, fishing, etc. and it is only about 3 miles from Guelph. The arboreatum at U of Guelph is a great place to visit; the city is nice, and it's not too far (30 miles or so) from St jacobs if you want to visit there on the weekend when the sales are going on. These parks have electricity and water and a dump station. The Guelph Lake park has the nicer bathing facilities; this park's only drawback is a lot of teenagers and can be noisy at time. For that reason, I prefer Rockwood. Of course, I'm a silver-haired senior citizen.
Annie K.
03 Journey DL 36LD
Old 01-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #9

I believe Prequile Provincial Park near Brighton (70 miles east of Toronto) is one of the nicest parks in southern Ontario. They have quite a few sites right on the lake. They can support tenters to big rigs.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:24 AM   #10

Hello Thunderbelly: Another campground that sounds like it might fit what you like is Carsons. It is up near Sauble Beach area if I remember right. It is a full service campground, indoor pool but also lake swimming in lake Huron. It is very family friendly. We stayed there in 2003. Check the OPCA (Ontario Private Campground Association) web. site. Can't recall the cost but it was very nice especially for smaller RVs it was a bit tight for the large Motorhomes or 5ers.