Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #1

Opinion on Vancouver entry

So we’re now getting closer to our trip to Vancouver next month and starting to read the stories about the Pacific Coast border crossing and how tight it is. We’re currently booked to stay at the Capilano RV park because of its proximity to the Capilano suspension bridge, downtown, etc. But I’m wondering if it would be a smoother entry to stay at the Peace Arch RV park and go through the Peace Arch entry which I hear has longer wait times but wider entry points. We’ll have a toad with us so we may still be able to make the bridge and downtown via our toad.

I guess another option is also the Langley/Aldergrove entry. Has anyone entered there? Curious if it’s easier to get through in an RV/Toad and how much longer it takes to get to.

Any suggestions? Maybe I’m overthinking it, just the thought of going through tight spaces, not being able to back up with the toad, etc is making me over cautious.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #2

Thousands of people go through that "tight" check point every year. Only by getting experience will you get over the fear you now have.
If this fear prevents your travel then it may be time to consider downsizing to something more manageable.
A couple friends tried the class A's and then quickly sold when the stress was to much for them.
Good luck!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #3

I've been through peace arch several times but never with an RV. It didn't seem very cramped and nobody ever backs up for any reason, but that being said, ive never seen an 18 wheeler go through that entrance. Maybe someone else knows for sure which one to take
johnbyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well border wait times you can find here:
Border Wait Times

There is also a Canborder app in the appstore

The Peace Arch is fine if you are going to stay at Peace Arch RV, otherwise you are better to use Pacific Highway/Blaine border crossing (where the big rigs cross) From there you can get onto the 401 West and take that all the way to Taylor Way Exit (WestVan) and down Taylor way to the Capilano RV park. Yes, minutes to everything. Aldergrove is a bit East of Pacific Highway, but it is fine to cross as well, access to the 401 just as easy.

If you are travelling from Peach Arch RV, stay away from the Hwy 99 rush hour as it is gridlock and no matter what time of day you travel, traffic in Vancouver City and across the Lions Gate Bridge is heavy.

DriveBC

If you have the time, check out Whistler (where olympics were held)
Home | Whistler RV Park and Campground | Whistler, BC, Canada
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:37 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Why not enter at the Peace Arch crossing (Is the easiest), and still stay at the Capilano RV park .
Old 06-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #6

Don't do it-Aldergrove; no wait! We've spent 2 hrs at Peace Arch, not again.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
Thousands of people go through that "tight" check point every year. Only by getting experience will you get over the fear you now have.
If this fear prevents your travel then it may be time to consider downsizing to something more manageable.
A couple friends tried the class A's and then quickly sold when the stress was to much for them.
Good luck!

I'm very comfortable with its size even with the toad. But I've been reading posts about an inch on either side and that depending on your mirror location ,etc. If that is accurate that is tight for any experience/comfort level. Since I've never been there I don't know if it's accurate. I'm just trying to gauge how tight it really is.