Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Has anyone ever been to The Oregon Jamboree in Sweet Home Oregon? SacsTC and I are making plans to go but we are curious of just how hot the rigs may get during the daytime.

We went to something like this in California years ago...and had a blast. The music was great...and this promises to be as good with the list of performers that will be there!

Anyone from here planning on going?

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2008, 05:36 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Has anyone ever been to The Oregon Jamboree in Sweet Home Oregon? SacsTC and I are making plans to go but we are curious of just how hot the rigs may get during the daytime.

We went to something like this in California years ago...and had a blast. The music was great...and this promises to be as good with the list of performers that will be there!

Anyone from here planning on going?

MM

Old 05-15-2008, 05:41 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
According to this website, the average August high is 80.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Okay MonacoMama.....You might have to put up with us again.....We were looking for a much needed get away between the weddings of our TWO daughters this summer. I'm booking tickets at the concert in what looks like the only campground that is left 15 & 16.

I think were going to rocket up from L.A. (and I'm sure the diesel fuel will be like buying rocket fuel) and then take a leisurely week to get back via the Oregon and Northern California coast.

I know you guys are close to there.....you going to camp or commute? I checked neighboring campgrounds for a spot, but didn't find anything......I guess we'll make it an adventure in the group area.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Wow...Maybe you will get to try the now "infamous salmon dinner" after all!
I hope you don't mind...I just called and asked if we could be put next to you. We will be camping there also. Sacs and I don't feel like driving an hour each way every day and the coach and gennie need to be used.

See you there...

MM
Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Dip D...why don't you plan on getting to our campground on Thursday evening and we can go in together on Friday AM. The event (as I mentioned before) is an hour NE of here.
I did talk to one of the "event planners" who stated that <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>the weather was 78 with a slight breeze last year.<LI>Bring a sweatshirt for the evening music. <LI>The shuttle goes back to the campground runs every 15 minutes.<LI>The campground is about 1 mile away.<LI>Bring an empty water bottle & you can fill it up inside.<LI>She recommends buying your water inside.<LI>Beer and wine is sold at the Beer Garden[/list]
Still sounds like lots of fun!

MM
Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Looks like GaryCa (my sister and brother-in-law) will be going to!

Will be leaving Tuesday night and driving all day Wednesday (probably stay at rest stop on Lake Shasta) and then do the remainder of the drive Thursday and go right to the campsite....

Sorry, but I don't think I want to set up camp late and then drive again in AM. Plus, Thursday is included in the price of the three day event.....I'll already be taking a beating on the fuel.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
It just dawned on me that some folks would not know to go look at the link for the Jamboree so I am listing the performers (and a couple of their song titles for everyone. You'll understand why I am so excited once you see the list!)
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Trace Adkins-"I Got My Game On" "Hot Mama" "You're Gonna Miss This"<LI>SugarLand"Stay" "Settlin" "County Line"<LI>Kellie Pickler-"Red High Heels" "Things That Never Crossed a Man's Mind"
<LI>Rissi Palmer-"Hold on to Me" "Country Girl"<LI>Neal McCoy-"Billy's Got his Beer Goggles On" "No Doubt About It" "Wink"<LI>Phil Stacey-"If You Didn't Love Me"<LI>Trent Tomlinson -"Just Might Have Her Radio On" "Drunker Than Me"<LI>Joe Nichols -"Another Side of You" "It Ain't No Crime"<LI>Confederate Railroad -"Don't Rock The Jukebox" "Trashy Women"<LI>Randy Owen-"Braid My Hair"<LI>Glen Campbell -"Witchita Lineman" "Galveston"<LI>Western Underground-(the late Chris Ledoux's band)<LI>Williams & Ree-Comedy Duo[/list]

MM
Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I guess we will see you and who ever else shows up, Diplomat Don...but that just means you won't be paying the "Troll Toll" ...and you can ask AKBrick what happens when the Toll isn't paid!

Mm
Old 05-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I heard of Glen Campbell (HI! I'M GLEN CAMPBELL!), but the rest of them.........must be local opening acts.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Dirk,
What a protected life you have. I don't know all of them, but Trace is a member of the Grand Ol Opry and has been around for quite a while. He has many #1 country hit songs. Kellie is a new comer, I think an American Idol person. She also has several hit records and has appreaed at the Grand Ole Opry. My grand daughter sat right next to her. It was quite and event.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Well....it's a slow day fishin'.

It took 34 minutes to catch one with the bait I tossed out there, but I caught a big one.

I too, know of most of them.

It sounds like it's gonna be a great show.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #13

Kellie was on Idol. She has led a very unsheltered life. Her dad was in prison while she was on the show. She is one of those blonde "dumb as a fox" gals. Just as cute as they come. She had never heard of "sal mon" before. They did teach her it was salmon while on the show.
Trace is a big tall red blooded all american cowboy. Not near as dumb as his big hat makes him look. He's been around a long time.
Of course the weather will be different in August but was in the mid to high 90s today in the valley.
I haven't been there since 1960 but it "used" to be a quaint li'l logging town. All football players were required to wrestle in the off season.

Ron

2004 Mt Aire 4301
ronharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Woo-HOOOOO I checked my mail today and the tickets are here!! I am even more excited now that "SugarLand" won 2 awards last night on the CMA show. Kellie Pickler had been nominated for the Top New Female Vocal...but did not win. Trace Adkins had also been on "Celebrity Apprentice and came in second...so yes...he is very smart!
Oh well...it will be a great show anyway.
Hey Diplomat Don, is Gary CA actually coming up with you & Mary? He hasn't posted here...so I was just wondering

MM