Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

Oshkosh EAA Fly-In

Has anyone stayed at Camp Scholler during the Oshkosh EAA Fly-in?

Tom

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X
OurBigRVAdventure.com
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Yes.

Presumably you have some question?
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Yes.

Presumably you have some question?

Yes, I plan on going this year, but when I called to get reservations, the young guy told me that the day I called in to reserve a site, that I would begin paying that day. Example: I call July 1st, then I must pay starting the 1st until the event starts, that's weird. I need power, because I have dogs that will be staying in the RV, I am fulltiming .

Is this how it is?

Tom

OurBigRVAdventure.com
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
Has anyone stayed at Camp Scholler during the Oshkosh EAA Fly-in?

Tom

OurBigRVAdventure.com

We stayed in the RV park that is right beside the EAAGrounds and just north of Camp Scholler. We had electric & water. I can't remember the name of the park but it was close to the main gate.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We dry camped at Oshkosh last year. Our site was way out by the interstate so a long walk to the show line. Bring a couple bikes with locks since you have to leave your bike at the gate and walk the show line. I didn't have a bike and put lots of miles on my shoes. It was a long walk back to the camper at the end of the day.

There is a bus that goes from the gates partway into the campground but mostly I walked rather then wait for the bus and still have to walk the rest of the way to the camper. If you are in the electric area the bus will get you pretty close to your site.

I remember reading that if you had an electric site you had to pay for the entire show time even if you only stayed a few days. Dry camping you had to pay for the whole show up front at the time you arrived but could get a refund if you left early. $25 per day to dry camp!

I'd check the EAA camping info site they had very complete information, or call back and get someone else. There is a dump and fill site at the south end of the campground but I'd arrive with full water and empty holding tanks. The dry camp sites are first come get the best site. Also you'll see allot groups camping together.

Buy your tickets online ahead of time if possible it will save you time in line. You still need to report to the main ticket area at the main entrance the first time you go to the show to get the actual tickets to allow you into the show. I got all my tickets issued on the first day so I only had to walk to the main entrance once.

There is a nice campground in Omro WI Omro RV Park 920-252-2743 not too far from the airport (7-8 miles). $15 per day or $100 week on their web site. I'd consider staying there in the future, especially if a full hookup site was desired. If you do stay off the airport arrive early in the day to avoid walking a mile to the gate. EAA is good about having buses to get you around but you have to wait for the bus.

We were last at Oshkosh in 1978 and things have changed allot. More commercial, with the aircraft spread out over a larger area due to all the space they took from the flight line to build pavilions for the corporate sponsors. Still worth seeing.

Good luck.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #6

The campground we stayed at that was adjacent to the EAA grounds was Sleepy Hollow Campground.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
One thing I forgot, as they say "there's an app for that" there is an Air Venture app which is helpful if you have a smart phone.