Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
Not nearly enough time! There is so much to see and do in this country that spending a lifetime pursuing all the spots may not be enough.

I'll have to agree, "Not nearly enough time." In 2011 it took us almost 6mos. to go from Maryland to San Diego. So much to see, so little time.

I agree. We did Key West to Maine in 4 1/2 months and we missed much more than we saw. Unless accumulating miles and ticking off states is your goal I think you need to slow down.

Steven and Stephanie
2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J
2008 Hyundai Elantra
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bar Harbor is a must. The view is worth it and also go to Cadillac Mt.

Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #17
Thanks everyone. I will be coming back to review these suggestions through our trip.

I also appreciate everyone saying that we won't have enough time but it is what it is, right? We will unlikely be able to venture this far again so we will see what we can see, realizing there is a lot more out there. And who knows, maybe we will be able to make another long trip in a couple years.

Please keep the recommendations coming and suggestions for other sections of the trip will be appreciated.

Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2007 Classic Chevy 2500HD Dmax/Allison, CC, 4X4
P5W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #18
When going East to Maine, stay north, avoid Chicago at all costs. Do the "upper part of Mich.". Head toward Niagra Falls, etc. Then drop south, and Westward toward Springfield, Il. From there, angle East again towards I 75, then south. Return via i 10. Many things to see and do along the way. We stayed at the Kentucky horse park, near Lexington. Really nice campground and interesting museum. As you enter Fla. the "Stephen Foster state park" is a must see. Angle over to the coast, or gulf for waterside campgrounds. Or, go down the middle toward Ocalla and "Silver Springs", glass bottom boats. Most of all, Have Fun...
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #19
Sounds like a great trip. Here's one thing you might want to include in your Maine visit. For years we went to Maine the first week of October Grouse and Woodcock hunting. We always managed to spend 1 or more days at the Fryeburg Fair. Fryeburg is basically on the Maine/New Hampshire border and the annual fair is, I believe, the largest in New England. We loved seeing the different lifestyles geared to the events of THE FAIR.

Spend some time on the website and I think you will want to add it to your itinerary. Here's the link: Fryeburg Fair > Home
2004 Dutch Star 3809
Spartan Chassis
370 Cummins 6c8.3
Planocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Take your pasports so you can see the falls from the Canada side, much better view over on that side. Jim
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #21
We did your trip four years ago, although it took us four months We had a few places on our "for sure to see" list and did not travel with any schedule. We found lots of neat things to see and do everywhere we stopped. This country is amazing. We would stop at the visitor centers at the borders of most states and go through the literature and find neat things. We would watch bill boards. We would look on the internet. Looks like you want to see the Fall colors. We did also and it was neat. You will really enjoy your trip.

2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote