Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Our latest, and so far greatest trip to date

We just recently returned home from a 36 day trip out west. Our goal was to see New Mexico, then Arizona and the Pima Air Museum in Tucson AZ. Let me start off by saying the museum was awesome! I saw the last surviving plane my dad flew in in WWII; a Martin PBM. After the museum visit, we did a little sightseeing in Tucson then decided to return to NM where it was cooler and really explore that state. I have to say NM is now one of my favorite destinations. We stayed almost exclusively in their State Parks and every one seemed better than the previous. Their system of online reservations is top notch. We were able to book everywhere online and even were able to see photos of the individual campsites.
Our Bounder held up like a charm with just a few minor problems. Two days into our journey, our brand new chassis battery failed and we needed to replace it. Then two weeks after that, the starter started to go! We replaced that in Mountainaire NM at a local auto repair with no loss of time. That was it for down time. The rest of the trip went without a hitch except for time flying by so quickly!
New Mexico is a beautiful state, one of the best states we have traveled to. We went from desert conditions at Pancho Villa State Park on the Mexican border, to being in the mountains and cool air at Manzano Mountain State Park not too far from Albuquerque and everything in between.
Well, that's about all I am going to say right now except we can't wait for our next trip and where it takes us.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up New Mexico

I lived there for several years. Explored a lot of land marks.The cliff dwellings give you goose pumps when you visit them. They named the state properly.

"Land of Enchantment"

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #3

Gadget63, wow what a trip. Thanks for sharing it with us Rich. I have thought of going to NM, now for sure will head there someday.
Safe Travels
Bill
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Gadget63,
Thanks for visiting our beautiful state and I'm so happy you enjoyed it! We moved here 16 years ago (job related) and only planned on staying a year or two. Well, we're still here. We have traveled to many other destinations seeking something better but never found it. The weather is hard to beat and no natural disasters. I think a lot of folks tend to shy away from border states but we have found it to be safer than a lot of other locations. The food, culture and scenery is fantastic. Yes it tends to be hot and dry but it beats floods, hurricanes, and SNOW!!
I grew up in Tucson and have visited the Pima Air Museum several times. It is awesome! My uncle flew 47's & 52's among others and was stationed at Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson so I was able to see first hand the planes he piloted. It's a must see destination when in Arizona.
Thanks again for visiting and come back to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in October. An incredible sight to see for 10 days. You won't regret it.