Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #15

Pamela, thanks again for responding and providing our readers with your side of the story. I agree, there are some people that simply can't be dealt with and are not happy unless they create some kind of confrontation. I am still working as a police officer and see that on a daily basis. Hopefuly you will continue to respond to the needs of your customer base and strive to make the park one of the best in the area.

Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2006, 03:58 AM   #16

Picky picky. You as a police officer should know how to follow the rules and how as a parent to insure adequate play time for your children.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #17

Doug ABQ, your response really got my curiosity up. Exactly where in my post is there any inference to parenting or providing play time for children? Additionally there is nothing in any of my posts that exhonorates the campground employees or management, nor have I ever hinted that the problem stated did not exist. I was merely acknowledging the response of the campground. At least the campground management is interested enough to resond and is obviously concerned about the reputation of their property. In my book that is a step in the right direction.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #18

Did any one happen to notice the last names of the abusive language offender in the previous post and the author of this quoted post??? The titles are the simular as well,,Could it be that certain employees are exempt from counseling and tolerations?? Just a trained observation from a former public servant..(LEO) Related you think ??<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by American RV Park of Albuquerque:
I did not specifically address the issue of "rudeness" for a couple of reasons. We do not approve of or encourage rudeness in our employees. In fact, one of the reasons for a change in management was in dealing with a person who had a very rigid approach to guest problems. Secondly, there is a point where just about anyone can be accused of being rude as you can see from the posting from VetteRacer. We try very hard to train our employees on how to handle guests who have problems, and for the large majority of guests we are quite successful;however, there is a small number of people that will consider you rude no matter how you try to address the problem. Please let me repeat that we do not tolerate rudeness toward our guests and do counsel our workampers when the situation arises. Thank you for allowing me to respond to the issues raised here. We have always and will continue to consider our guests our number 1 priority.

Pamela Wright, Manager
American RV Park of Albuquerque </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-04-2006, 08:36 AM   #19

It's too bad that some have had such bad experiences at this beautiful RV Park. My wife & I have stayed at American RV Park several times over the last five years as well as others in the Alburque area. American beats them all as far as we are concerned, & their prices are most reasonable. We generally travel with at least 1 grandchild (sometimes 4).
There is nothing more relaxing than sitting on your own private grass lawn, under your own shade tree while paying about $35.00 per night for four. Restrooms are extremely clean, & well kept. The free continental breakfast each morning is nourishing & tasteful.
I found the staff friendly & helpful. Had several conversations with the counter help & the guys flitting around on their golf carts.
If this campground doesn't suit then try the Downtown KOA or the Stagecoach RV in Rio Rancho both are nice but without the private lawns & shade trees as well as the free Continental Breakfasts. We will never stay anywhere but American from now on.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #20

As I previously stated, the park is great. What is wrong however, is the way that "Legacy Resorts" handles situations throughout their parks. The individual managers are in some cases great. (American RV Park included). My gripe is not with the individual parks. Its with the higher up guy (general manager) who does the hiring. He advertises for managers and ***'t managers, when what he realy wants is to pay $6.50 or less an hour for anyone who wants to be "called" a manager or assistant manager. They do not want to pay for quality employees because this middle man who does the hiring (not the owner), feels he can get by with paying low, and treating employees dispicably. The entire company of parks would run smoothly if this "hatchet man" were gone. Mind you, years ago when they only had a couple parks, things ran great. The fella I'm referring to was not in the position he is now, he was a manager of one of the parks. The owner of "Legacy Resorts" is doing himself such a diservice by keeping this man in his employ.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:09 AM   #21

I am not condoning rudness from any source, espoecially from any service organization. They charge top dollar for their class of park and should employ people commensurate with that. I still stand by saying that park rules should be followed. I back off from any inference about parenting!!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You know, I didn't even know this thread was still going but after reviewing the above responses I felt I had to get a couple of things straight. First of all, in regards to hanging out in the street, my rig is 53ft long truck and trailer and they put me in a pull through that had the truck about a foot out and the trailer about the same, thats as close as it could be to even, sitting in the site. I'd say the pull through was about 50 ft long. The employee told me in no uncertain terms that I would have to unhook and back the truck further under the trailer after he had me pull forward, then back up several times while he ran back and forth looking at the clearance.

The other thing concerning the unloading was that we were not blocking anything, my son's family had several items that had to be unloaded and placed in the trailer and parking 200ft away didn't make any sense when we could unload in a matter of minutes. After said unloading we then moved his vehicle.

I felt the attitude, the rigid no variation to the rules, and the general attitude of the employee was totally out of place, IMO. We had stayed there several times before that and had not experienced anything like this before. In retrospect, I probably should have went to the manager and seen what their reaction was, however I didn't, so I just find a different place to stay when going through there. I hope this clears up any misconceptions as to what I posted earlier and I hope the park really thinks about how their employee's deal with their customers. As was said before, it is one of the nicest parks in the area although a little expensive imo if you have several people with you, especially if all you use it for is sleeping. We are normally gone all day and don't use their breakfast, pool, and other amenities.

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote