Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Question Outdoor Resorts - Blue Ridge Mts

The name has changed to Mountain Falls Luxury Motorcoach Resort now, but one and the same - We are thinking about buying a lot there now and would love any input from you guys. My biggest concern is access, I have traveled there many times on RT-64, both directions, in a car, but never in my coach. Highway 64 from Franklin would be impossible if you want to arrive intact. Highway signs even warn large vehicles of hazards along this section of 64. Highway 64 from the north (from Brevard) is doable, but the last 6-7 miles narrows to 2 lanes which is narrow and very-very curvy for me. The only remaining route is from I-85 to Rt-11 to Rt-182 to approx a mile from the resort on Hwy-64. This last route is the only route that I have not traveled. Anyone out there that goes to this resort cares to make me feel better about purchasing at such a beautiful resort, but with totally pitiful access?

motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A beautiful resort that we keep promising ourselves we need to visit sometime (and are planning to do so some time this fall). We've passed it when touring the area in our toad, but have never stayed there. I'll be interested to hear what others feel is the best approach as you are right, the roads are interesting, to say the least.

Not sure we'd invest there though. The season is too short. We're not all that far away while enjoying our lot in South Carolina, but the temps here are typically 10 to 15 degrees higher than in the mountains. That might be great in mid summer, but the shoulder seasons could prove to be a bit uncomfortable. Even here we'll "abandon ship" for the worst of the winter for parts farther south.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
One of the Hoots

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
motorhomeguy,

We are not lot owners, but have stayed there several times. The first trip, we came from the north (the interstate exit at the Asheville airport). That brought us though Brevard. Road was pretty curvy, but just take your time and you will do fine. We left by going south on Rt-182/Rt-11 to I-85. Also curvy but ok. There are alot of coaches way bigger than mine there so once you drive it once, I think you should be fine. The locals are also used to MH's on the road and seem to put up with getting caught behind one as "just normal driving".

We are actually heading back up there in November again.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2068.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	38440  
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the comments. I drove that northern 2 lane section of 64 yesterday in my car and did not like it at all and I was in my Wrangler. I can't imagine driving it in a 36-38-40-42-45 foot coach. Way too many tight curves, poor road surface and traffic through that area of Rt-64. The Rt-182 to Rt-11 route is by far the the best and to me the only way in and out, but it bothers me that no matter where I want to go, I have to backtrack all the way to Exit #1 on I-85 and use that as a starting point for all of my travels. Even when heading west I have to go I-85 before I get to any satisfactory artery that will route me westward... Sure would be nice if the NC Dept of Highways would do something with Rt-64 :-) Decisions, decisions.... Thanks guys for the input.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhomeguy View Post
Thanks for the comments. I drove that northern 2 lane section of 64 yesterday in my car and did not like it at all and I was in my Wrangler. I can't imagine driving it in a 36-38-40-42-45 foot coach. Way too many tight curves, poor road surface and traffic through that area of Rt-64. The Rt-182 to Rt-11 route is by far the the best and to me the only way in and out, but it bothers me that no matter where I want to go, I have to backtrack all the way to Exit #1 on I-85 and use that as a starting point for all of my travels. Even when heading west I have to go I-85 before I get to any satisfactory artery that will route me westward... Sure would be nice if the NC Dept of Highways would do something with Rt-64 :-) Decisions, decisions.... Thanks guys for the input.
Update June 21, 2013 - decided not to buy, bought instead at Sunset Ridge Motorcoach Resort in Franklin, N.C. Four lanes leading all the way to the entrance to the Resort. Easy 4 lane access to Atlanta and the Smoky Mountain Expressway. Fantastic views, location, great people and priced a lot better. No golf but maint fees are $200+ less a month.