Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #1

This park is by far the highlight of our Oregon trip.

As we pulled past the guard gate and saw the large grassy spaces and gorgeous horizons, I knew I was in Motorhome Heaven..

This is the most beautiful RV park we have stayed in on this trip. Each very large space is surrounded by grass. the lots are privately owned and rented by Outdoor Resorts, so many of them have improvements like glass windbreaks, built up wooden decks and built-in barbeques and fireplaces.

Our pull-in forward space overlooks the 6 hole pitch and putt golf course, and also has an ocean view out of the front window and the living room and bedroom windows... great sunset views. The space directly to our passenger side is offset, so we have unobstructed views of the mountains there, also.

Many spaces have ocean front or full ocean view, but 90% of the spaces here are gorgeous.

There is a large clubhouse, 2 pools, exercise room, and planned activities... yesterday they had a pet parade and the costumes were adorable.
Also, water aerobics, golf tournaments, TaiChi, etc. They offer a Sunday Brunch, Wednesday Chowder, and a complimentary Saturday Wine & Cheese party, as well as other mixer activities. There is also a deli offering fresh foods for lunches.

The resort is close to town, restaurants, shopping, beaches, and sport fishing.

The only negative is that the wind blows constantly this time of year. I wanted to be cool... but didn't plan on cold! But it sure beats 110+ at home.

As we sit surrounded by Prevost, County Coach and other mega bucks motorhomes, I feel like we are a white tennis shoe surrounded by gorgeous Gucci's. This is the first park we have visited that has so many hi-end rigs. But there are all brands of class A and class C coaches... even some rental rvs.

And before anyone criticizes Outdoor Resorts for discriminating... the zoning laws in Lincoln County or Newport prohibit the development of more RV and trailer parks. Since motorhomes are a vehicle, and the lots are privately owned, the resort is exempt from the zoning rule.

And I must admit.. I really like the fact that it is a motorcoach only resort.. because it is so quiet and peaceful. No offense intended to those who tow TTs or 5th wheels... but it is VERY quiet without diesel trucks going by every few minutes. (Just my humble opinion...)

They have WiFi via CoachConnect subscriptions by day, week or month. My Verizon Aircard works here, but WiFi is a bit faster.

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #2

This park is by far the highlight of our Oregon trip.

As we pulled past the guard gate and saw the large grassy spaces and gorgeous horizons, I knew I was in Motorhome Heaven..

This is the most beautiful RV park we have stayed in on this trip. Each very large space is surrounded by grass. the lots are privately owned and rented by Outdoor Resorts, so many of them have improvements like glass windbreaks, built up wooden decks and built-in barbeques and fireplaces.

Our pull-in forward space overlooks the 6 hole pitch and putt golf course, and also has an ocean view out of the front window and the living room and bedroom windows... great sunset views. The space directly to our passenger side is offset, so we have unobstructed views of the mountains there, also.

Many spaces have ocean front or full ocean view, but 90% of the spaces here are gorgeous.

There is a large clubhouse, 2 pools, exercise room, and planned activities... yesterday they had a pet parade and the costumes were adorable.
Also, water aerobics, golf tournaments, TaiChi, etc. They offer a Sunday Brunch, Wednesday Chowder, and a complimentary Saturday Wine & Cheese party, as well as other mixer activities. There is also a deli offering fresh foods for lunches.

The resort is close to town, restaurants, shopping, beaches, and sport fishing.

The only negative is that the wind blows constantly this time of year. I wanted to be cool... but didn't plan on cold! But it sure beats 110+ at home.

As we sit surrounded by Prevost, County Coach and other mega bucks motorhomes, I feel like we are a white tennis shoe surrounded by gorgeous Gucci's. This is the first park we have visited that has so many hi-end rigs. But there are all brands of class A and class C coaches... even some rental rvs.

And before anyone criticizes Outdoor Resorts for discriminating... the zoning laws in Lincoln County or Newport prohibit the development of more RV and trailer parks. Since motorhomes are a vehicle, and the lots are privately owned, the resort is exempt from the zoning rule.

And I must admit.. I really like the fact that it is a motorcoach only resort.. because it is so quiet and peaceful. No offense intended to those who tow TTs or 5th wheels... but it is VERY quiet without diesel trucks going by every few minutes. (Just my humble opinion...)

They have WiFi via CoachConnect subscriptions by day, week or month. My Verizon Aircard works here, but WiFi is a bit faster.

Our homes on the road
Old 08-20-2005, 07:14 AM   #3

And it costs how much??? Might like to check it out on the next Western trip.
Texas Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:46 AM   #4

Stayed there many times before Outdoor Resorts took it over and made it a motorcoach only resort. I don't buy the zoning story since it existed in it's present configuration long before Outdoor Resorts came along.

Mustang convertable toad
Matt Cassels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #5

Bubba:

Checked out their web site and it's not as bad as I expected! Rates dtart at $40.00 per night to $80.00 per night for Ocean Front. Your Class A or C rig has to be at least 25' long to be accepted.

Bob

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:28 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Agree.
It is a nice campground,one of the nicest we have stayed at. We stayed there in 2002 on our trip to AK. We were lucky, the DW found a coupon in a magazine and we got 6 nights for the price of 3.

2002 Dolphin 5356
erpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:57 AM   #7

My personal hunch is that the homeowner's association made the decision to be motorhomes only. Since you are renting from the owner's, they can enforce that rule... vs. a park that owns all the spaces.

Anyway, it's a nice place.... we paid $1,000 for the month in a space that was $60 daily.

We plan to visit Outdoor Resorts new park in Temecula, CA in October. I hear it is really nice, also.

Our homes on the road
Old 09-02-2005, 09:06 AM   #8

George and Randy..

Thanks for the nice feedback.

There is, in fact, a Wal-Mart just a mile or so down the road from Pacific Shores... and it had lots of rvs when we were there.

Randy, the section of Pacific Shores you refer to is the old section (now undergoing major modifications). The sections that are open mostly have angled driveways for easy in/out and some are long enough to park your motorhome and a couple of cars. They are quite large spaces.

Each of the lots costs from $150k to $250k, plus a monthly association fee..... similar to condominiums. Most of the owners that were there when we were, drove motorhomes costing $500k up, up, up. There was even a new Prevost pulling a large Hummer toad.

So, while I agree that it is probably a bit elitist... I suppose that those who spend that much money on their coaches and lots, want to be surrounded by those with similar tastes and pocketbooks.

I did find it interesting that almost the first thing everyone I met asked me was "Are you an owner or a renter?" Well, actually only the renters like me asked me that.

The owners asked me "Are you an owner, or JUST a renter?" There was definately a bit of clickish attitude among the owners. But that is their problem.... I just enjoyed the beautiful property and gorgeous sunsets....

We live in a big, wonderful country where there is something for everyone.

Our homes on the road
Old 09-06-2005, 03:36 AM   #9

It's a free country and they can do as they wish!

So I can't afford to play Pebbles Beach, does that make the course elitist or whatever? I don't shop at Tiffany's or Balducci, ect ect!

Bob

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Boucher:
It's a free country and they can do as they wish!

So I can't afford to play Pebbles Beach, does that make the course elitist or whatever? I don't shop at Tiffany's or Balducci, ect ect!

Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said Bob!

Our homes on the road
Old 09-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
In accordance with our Rules and Guidelines, this thread has been edited to remove harassing, hostile, and defamatory commentary that detracted from it's original point and it has been reopened to allow the continuation of a thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among RV enthusiasts.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:53 AM   #12

I also stayed in Outdoor at Newport OR last spring. Nice views and beach walks. The lots are quite bare with many having no treesb or plants. Very windy too sometimes.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #13

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've made the 1700 mile trip to Oregon for the past two summers and spent a couple of weeks at Pacific Shores each trip. We really liked it. Yes, there are large coaches but, overall I found everyone to be very friendly. One of the guards was particularly helpful. Due to the location of the site that I was in I couldn't pickup their WiFi signal consistently. He had his own satellite link and he gave me the info I needed to access his service - no charge.
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #14

We stayed 3 nights on the ocean view sites at Outdoor's Pacific Shores last August. The sites are quite sparse as far as vegitation but a great view. Nice walks down to the beach and views of the lighthouse. We found both the staff and guests very freindly. Worth the stop.