Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #1

I'm looking for an over night spot around Berea or Corbin area in Kentucky on the way south in March. Anyone stayed at the "oh Kentucky CG?" Is it okay? Not looking for anything fancy but don't want to pay $35/night at the KOA in winter.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #2

I'm looking for an over night spot around Berea or Corbin area in Kentucky on the way south in March. Anyone stayed at the "oh Kentucky CG?" Is it okay? Not looking for anything fancy but don't want to pay $35/night at the KOA in winter.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I can not answer for the Corbin or Berea area. Just a bit North of this area is the Kentucky Horse Park CG at exit 120. No sewer, but two dump stations. There is fuel at exit 120. The Kentucky Horse park CG is clean and well maintained.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Novi,

You might want to consider Walnut Meadows Campground in Berea, KY at I-75 Exit 76 on Highway 21. We've stopped there a couple times for overnighters.

It also has free wireless Internet, is big rig friendly, and a member of Passport America.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 AM   #5

Thanks for the ideas guys, I have stayed at KHP it is nice there but no drive thru's. I really do not want to unhook just for 1 night. I have stayed at the Flying J at Walton, don't mind it there but would like to get further south. I saw the CG Walnut Meadows in Woodalls but have no idea what it is like, sounds like you like it for an overnighter Richard, so I will keep that one in mind. And I like that idea of free Wi-fi.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:15 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
A couple of us stayed at Oh Kentucky last year on the way to the Natl rally. It is "OK" for overnight but alot of the "pull thru" sites arent guaranteed that you can get in without unhooking. In March though, it may not be a problem in insisting you get a site that you can get in without needing to unhook.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:00 AM   #7

Interesting, thanks Mike.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #8

I agree with Hitchiker re: Walnut Meadow RV Park. We stop there every year when heading South in Jan and North in March. Their rate is $11 with passport America. They have many pull thru sites which is great for a one night stop. The staff are very customer friendly. I don't like the Kentucky Horse Park due to no pull thrus
Suncruiser Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Here's another vote for Walnut Meadow RV Park. We've used it several times.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:50 AM   #10

Thanks for the info. and looks like Walnut Meadow RV park it is. Thanks for your help guys.