Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 11:40 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
That's funny. We stayed at the West Entrance KOA two months ago and toured Yellowstone with a tour bus company. One of our pick-up stops was at Grizzly and my daughter (age 28) said of it, "This is like camping in a golf course!" She didn't like it. She preferred where we stayed, despite the mosquitoes.
Sounds like that KOA hasn't changed any since we were there in 1997! Couldn't keep them away even with a smokey fire and they prices were high even back then, something around $60/night for two people in a 24' Type C MH. We stayed one night then got into Fishing Bridge the next morning. But we sure won't get into FB with the Magna!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jake74 - we just went through Cody into Yellowstone. Beautiful! We stayed at Buffalo Bill State Park about 15 minutes west of Cody. We use Reserve America to make the reservations. Full hookups, right by the water - plenty of room. Great park.

Here is the link: Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - ReserveAmerica

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Jake74 - we just went through Cody into Yellowstone. Beautiful! We stayed at Buffalo Bill State Park about 15 minutes west of Cody. We use Reserve America to make the reservations. Full hookups, right by the water - plenty of room. Great park.

Here is the link: Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - ReserveAmerica
Thanks for reply.I'm staying at yellowstone valley inn rv park half way between Cody and east entrance. I have decided to base camp there the whole week and hope I can see the whole park. If not I'll know better next time. It's only about 2 weeks till I pull out for this 4000 mile round trip adventure. Hope it's a problem free trip.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jake: we leave for our own 4000 mile trip on Aug 27 and will be in Yellowstone Sep 7-9. Base camping at Fishing Bridge.

Have a great time!
H-School Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-School Bus View Post
Jake: we leave for our own 4000 mile trip on Aug 27 and will be in Yellowstone Sep 7-9. Base camping at Fishing Bridge.

Have a great time!
I'm making a few stops along the way. I'm leaving home aug 20th headed for badlands for a couple days, then onto Custer for 3 days, then onto yellowstone for 7 or 8 days.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We stayed at Yellowstone's Edge on the way to Livingston, Mt. Nice park not real close but a nice park. We have stayed at Grizzly in West Yellowstone very convenient and Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone, place to park, convenient. sites are small will fit a 40'but tight.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake74 View Post
I'm making a few stops along the way. I'm leaving home aug 20th headed for badlands for a couple days, then onto Custer for 3 days, then onto yellowstone for 7 or 8 days.
How funny! We're starting off at the Badlands and Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park as well. Then heading to Glacier for a few days, then up to Lake Louise and Banff, then down to Yellowstone, then Grand Tetons, then home.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-School Bus View Post
How funny! We're starting off at the Badlands and Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park as well. Then heading to Glacier for a few days, then up to Lake Louise and Banff, then down to Yellowstone, then Grand Tetons, then home.
This will be my first trip out west. I'm staying at cedar pass lodge in badlands, then fort welikit in Custer, then yellowstone valley for yellowstone. My biggest concern is where to overnight on the way. I like to drive 600 miles a day then stop. I'm thinking walmart or pilot truck stops for ease of just pulling in and leaving.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Re: where to stay en route, I've had some success using "RVParky.com". It's a site that allows people to comment on places they have overnighted, including boondock places like rest areas, travel plazas, Wal-Marts, etc. I've used it in planning our upcoming trip out west to find places to sleep for a few hours on the way out and on the way back.

H-School Bus is offline   Reply With Quote