Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #1

Pelican Lake Naples Florida

Can anyone tell me about this RV resort? Is it a nice place to spend a few weeks? Does anyone on here own a site there? I'm looking in to it and there are several realtors listing sites and they seem to have different listings. Thanks.
ponyrider222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We stayed there for a week last February.

It's just what it looks like on their website. Lots of Prevost, Newell, Foretravel coaches; saw two Bentleys and one Ferrari, too.

Even though we were there in our Monaco Diplomat with a Subaru Outback toad, everyone we spoke with seemed friendly.

We had a site looking out at the lake that was beautiful and the sites are large enough, with mature shrubbery, that you don't notice your neighbors.

It's a little 'fancier' than we usually choose. We were late making reservations and had to move up the price scale to find a spot.

Bottom line - we're glad we found it.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This one (http://silverlakesrvresort.com) is less than a half mile away, too. We didn't go in, but, it looks very similar.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyrider222 View Post
Can anyone tell me about this RV resort? Is it a nice place to spend a few weeks? Does anyone on here own a site there? I'm looking in to it and there are several realtors listing sites and they seem to have different listings. Thanks.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We stayed there and is by far the nicest resort that we have ever been to. The size of the sites are very large, they all have a coach house, and is laid out very well. I know a couple of people that own sites. They took a big hit after 2008, and have recovered a bit. I also know that the resort is pretty successful in renting out your sites when you are not there. Location wise, it is the happy medium of real close to Marco Island, and close to Naples. Signature is also nice and a good alternative.

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #6

How far in advance did you have to book your reservations?
ponyrider222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It's hard to say. When we were there in February, many places were FULL. I'd guess that by now, with nicer (warmer) weather farther north, south Florida may be easier to book on shorter notice.

The rental office folks were friendly when we talked to them. Give them a call and find out what's available and how flexible they are.

It is a great location for Naples, Marco Island and the western side of the Everglades.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stayed there in February one year and really liked the ambiance and location in Naples. Its very expensive at over $2K per month and no in-park wi-fi. Our main concern was the heavy use of pesticides on the green spaces within the park. If you have pets that you allow outside Id be wary of their contact with grass in the park. Granted this may be an issue in all south Florida parks.
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #9

Very nice........we were on lake..........
Bobby88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida