Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2014, 06:21 AM   #15

Debbiemh, you are at and going to some of the best locations we have here in NW Fl. Lived here 48 years and I live in the jewel of Fl. Enjoy!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #16

I'm following this topic, as I am planning to take my dad to pensacola to tour the Navy Air museum. He served on 2 aircraft carriers during the Korean War.

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
It appears the DW has decided on Fort Pickens for our stay. Now it's all about finding a good golf course for me, and to decide if we want to go next week, or wait a month :-)
Old 07-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #18

I'm Retired Army and have spent a lot of time in Pensacola, camp at the Naval Air Station Camp Ground. NAS Pensacola has two golf courses that are also open to the public. I think you will find the big course very enjoyable. It' just inside the Main Gate located at the South end of Navy Boulevard. Stay in the right hand Lane at the gate and tell them you want to go to the golf course. It's located just through the gate about a quarter mile on the left. There's another new campground East of Pensacola at Navarre Bridge of the right hand side going East from PCola. Very nice and easy to get in and out and on the water. Perdido has a couple of good golf courses. I am at the Emerald Coast RV Resort in Panama City as we speak. Have been here three months and will stay until I leave for the winter in the Keys. Enjoy PCola,
Jim
Jimwelch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are currently staying at Emerald Beach RVResort in Navarre. Nice park, very clean, friendly staff, and enforce their rules. Though not on the gulf, it does have its own beach on the inlet and only 20-30 minutes east of Pensacola. Would choose this park again.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jol912 View Post
We are currently staying at Emerald Beach RVResort in Navarre. Nice park, very clean, friendly staff, and enforce their rules. Though not on the gulf, it does have its own beach on the inlet and only 20-30 minutes east of Pensacola. Would choose this park again.

Thinking of going there. Is the park full? You have photos?

Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, it is full for the holiday weekend. No pics but if you visit their website there are several. We have been here a week and will be leaving tomorrow morning. I would prefer this park over Santa Rosa RV park down the street, it looks nice but not many trees and crowded.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #22

It will be a week or so before we head thst way. Still trying to find a good used tow dolly. Hopefully it won't be full by that time.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
oildriller,

Next weekend is the Blue Angels air show at P'cola Beach. I seriously doubt you'd be able to find and empty spot at Ft. Pickens unless you lucked up on a cancellation almost as it happened. My sister tried almost 2 months ago and couldn't get anything until Sunday the 13th.

Last I heard, the commercial park in the core area was also almost booked solid. So a month from now might be a better option for you. Once you know when you want to come, you need to get your reservations. Ft. Pickens is a popular CG and is often full this time of year.

Safe travels,
Fran
Old 07-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Ft Pickens is outstanding. Better get your reservation in. This is not a state park, but part of the National Park system.
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote