Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pensacola Beach

The DW and I are planning a trip to the beach next month. We can't decide where to camp there, since neither of us have ever camped there. She wants to stay on the beach, and all I would like is full hook ups ( minus golf and cold beer ). Is there a place that can please us both? We found a park called Ft. Pickering, on the beach, no full hook ups. This our only hope?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #2

We were just down in Perdido Key, and while it's not right on the beach there is a little RV park there that has full hookups. You'd be about 5 minutes from the beach and 15 minutes from Pensacola.

The park is near a busy road though. If you can get by without full hookups, Big Lagoon State Park has electricity and water.

Sorry I know Perdido isn't Pensacola but it's right nearby so I thought I'd mention it.

Amenities| Perdido Cove RV Resort Near Gulf Shores AL

Old 06-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for your help. I've had a couple of people recommend the Ft Pickens. They said it's a very pretty park on the beach, with water and electric. We're talking about just staying there one night then get into town at another park to do the more touristy stuff. I misunderstood when she said Ft Pickens for Pickering, so happy wife is a happy life :-)
Old 06-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #4

Have camped at Ft. Pickens. Nice State Park. Typical of most state parks. Not full hookups. You have to walk across a road to get to the beach but not far. Don't leave anything out that the raccoons can get into. Hope you enjoy
Old 06-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #5

You will enjoy Pickens, it is very nice and lots of white sand beach.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #6

well at lest alot of the roads are now open from the flooding we had so your all good there on your way in

in holt FL here just 30 mins away from every thing is a RV park that is 250 to 325$ a month

eagle landing or some thing like that

nice park but not on the beach or golf

but is 10 from walmart and 30 mins from the beach and you can stop in there and from there find the right spot and drive the towd out take a look at it and move from there
Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
We'll only be staying about 4 nights. We need to get us a dolly to pull a toad. We're going to rent a car for the few days we're there. That's why she wants to stay on the beach the first couple of days.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #8

james

if you want to travel just bit farther than pensacola, head down to destin florida
there is a campground called camp gulf they have full hookups there, you can get a site there where you can walk right out your door and are on the beach, its asolutely beautiful, staff there are great 2 pools, hot tub, we have stayed there twice, and will definately be back again

Destin, Florida's CAMP GULF RV Park & Campground

i havn't stayed here yet but it is on my list, its closer to pensacola
i believe its on the bay side but from there website it looks really
nice

Emerald Beach RV Park

let me know if you try emerald beach out, hope this helps

mick
Old 06-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
In addition to Fort Pickens, there is a new, full hook-up RV park - on the water - right in the core area of Pensacola Beach. It's called Pensacola Beach RV Resort, and it's on the Sound, not Gulf side of the Island. I haven't stayed there since I live at Pensacola Beach, but if you are without a toad, it is more convenient than Fort Pickens, especially for just a night or two. You can easily walk to restaurants, the short distance to the Gulf, shops, etc. It's also more expensive than Fort Pickens cg which is located within the Gulf Islands National Seashore (is therefore a National Park, not a State Park).

I love Fort Pickens but just thought you should know there is an alternative available.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:23 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the help everyone. I now have some info to have the DW look at. Wherever she decides we're going to stay at, I'll come back to this thread and let everyone know.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #11
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Here is one you might look at. We're thinking of checking it out after attending the IRV2 national rally this year.
Emerald Beach RV Park
Old 06-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
We just stayed at Santa Rosa Sound RV Resort.

We liked it much better than Ft Pickens witch we left after one night. FT Pickens was overrun with small children. Unless they are our grandchildren, they can be pretty loud . We thought we would have a water view at Ft Pickens but all of the sites are in the middle of the island with no view.

Santa Rosa Sound has a great view of the bay was brand new with all concrete pads
Old 06-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have stayed at Emerald and Santa Rosa, both are nice, Santa Rosa is kind of noisy if you get in the North row which parallels the highway, we have been able to get beach front both times. Great people both places.

My signature pic is Santa Rosa
Old 06-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I'm currently at Destin West RV in fort Walton beach. Very nice, on the sound, but across the street is the gulf. Have full use of the Ramada as well. Public beach access and wonderful food! Leaving here today to go to TopSail for the week. Life is good 😀Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1403355286.482234.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	822.0 KB
ID:	65852