Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
PGA 2014- Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville,KY

We are going to the 2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, KY next Aug. 2014.
I am having difficulty finding a RV Park in the area. Preferably paved, nice scenic area, accommodates 40'+ sites, full hook ups.
Any recommendations?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #2

Smokin.... there are not a large number of RV parks in the area to choose from. I use the KOA facility on Rt 44 in Shepardsville KY. It is about 18 miles from the golf course...if you are with TOAD...I know some nice tricks in the area to park your MH and drive on over.

Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm all ears! We will be pulling a TOAD.
Thanks!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #4

There is a great parking area in the FLOYDS FORK PARK...off Route 155 (Taylorsville RD, Louisville KY) ... you can easily park there...I use that lot to park my 34 fter regularly. Then..... POPELICK RD leads to the new park cut through and it winds all the way right to Valhalla Golf Course Entrance. I do not know if there is shuttle buses running from the Beckley PARK (across from the golf course) to the Club House at Valhalla but the walk is short. There is lots of car parking in Beckley Park for those that get there early enough to find a space. Traffic on Shelbyville Rd at Valhalla is INSANE during the tournament .... I live in this town and avoid the entire area if possible. But I live close to the new Floyds Fork Park and it is directly connected to the Beckley Park which is on Shelbyville Rd across from the golf course. I pedal my bike there enough. I have nice links to maps
Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank for the info from way back Craig!
Would we need to make rest. or is this a first come situation?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #6

Smokin... I have never tried to get myself into the PGA area during a tournament. But these parks are brand new...they just opened and they are very big ...with multiple parking areas over a 6 mile series of scenic area. I park at the Floyds Creek Lot....it is the farthest from Valhala....and is perfectly flat. A full length service road runs all the way thru the park to the discharge gate in the area right at Valhala. I would do exactly as I....park the big rig if you can in Floyds Creek parking lot and take your toad the 6 miles up to the other end at Beck Arnley Park and put the toad there....it is first come first serve for sure.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #7

Check out Lake Shelby in Shelbyville, KY. It's not far from Valhalla and is just off Hwy 60. It's a nice small park with hookups and backs up to a lake. There is one sewer site and you could probably reserve that. I think it's like $15 a night.

Shelbyville (Kentucky ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #8

TopDown...we were exploring places where you can park your rig and get yourself up to Vallhala without all that traffic in your face. If you live around Louisville like I, PGA tournament time is an absolute insanity for the Shelbyville Rd area and the Gene Snyder Freeway (I265). Even the park and ride lots up to 10 miles away are so packed that people often try to park on I265 as a means of finding a space. This past spring, Jefferson Cty KY opened a series of three interconnected parks that go from Shelbyville Rd to Taylorsville Rd. These parks have very nice facilities and I would and do take advantage of them. I park my MH in the Floyds Creek Park and in my case...pedal my bike up to the Vahalla area.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #9

I saw that, but it appeared the OP was looking for something with hookups. Shelbyville is a LOT closer than Shepherdsville and that KOA isn't much anyway. At least you could stay in Shelbyville and drive the toad to the park.

Glad I'm not a golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocoffeer View Post
TopDown...we were exploring places where you can park your rig and get yourself up to Vallhala without all that traffic in your face. If you live around Louisville like I, PGA tournament time is an absolute insanity for the Shelbyville Rd area and the Gene Snyder Freeway (I265). Even the park and ride lots up to 10 miles away are so packed that people often try to park on I265 as a means of finding a space. This past spring, Jefferson Cty KY opened a series of three interconnected parks that go from Shelbyville Rd to Taylorsville Rd. These parks have very nice facilities and I would and do take advantage of them. I park my MH in the Floyds Creek Park and in my case...pedal my bike up to the Vahalla area.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #10

Just a thought: Boondockers Welcome | Be My Guest RV Parking
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #11

2014 pga rv car and limo parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin38 View Post
We are going to the 2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, KY next Aug. 2014.
I am having difficulty finding a RV Park in the area. Preferably paved, nice scenic area, accommodates 40'+ sites, full hook ups.
Any recommendations?

Thanks
I have parking right at walking distance to gate of vahalla for 2014 PGA. For RV, cars and limos . Please email me at tddavenp@yahoo.com . There I can give you my phone number. Very nice safe parking daily or all week. Thanks Tracy
Old 05-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #12

2014 RV and Car Parking for PGA in Louisville Kentucky

We have RV and Car parking near gate of 2014 PGA Louisville Ky very safe we can fit any size. Message me for price and availabilty. Also have a camper rental for PGA sleeps 10 brand New 2014 Forest Sabre very luxury doesnt get any better. Why tow your own when you can rent this one.
Please message me for RV or Car Parking or just rv rental for event.
Thanks Tracy
Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 AM   #13

The community parks kick people out at ten pm and dont allow overnight parking. I believe they are closing there enterance also during pga so no mass parking there.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 PM   #14

Just scored some last minute tickets. Looking for a place with facilities since teenagers will need a shower. KOA South any good?