Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #1

Phoenix area to Monument Valley (Gouldings CG)

Hi, We are looking to fill up (diesel) as close to Monument Valley as possible (Heading to Page, AZ after MV). Driving a 37’ Newmar Class A DP. Looks like Tuba City has two fuel stations. Anyone fuel up there recently? Are either big rig friendly? I tow four down, so won’t won’t be backing up. I am about 53 feet long (MH plus Jeep). Prefer not to decouple just to fuel up.

Thanks
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #2

We've never fueled in Tuba City but have passed by often and one of them (perhaps both) always had semi trucks there. Where are you coming from? You have a lot of driving miles on a tank. Fill up at your previous stop or along the way to MV so that you can wait for Page. However, I think Tuba City would be doable for you. We always traveled secondary roads and learned to drive on the top 1/2 of our tank.... just in case. Then we could be more selective on price when we saw a good deal.

If you're driving from Phoenix through Flagstaff to MV then you'll pass by Tuba City on your way to MV so you can check it out then for your return to Page.

Get on Google Maps and do a satellite view of Tuba City to see the complex. Have a good trip!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #3

Thank you twogypsies. We will be traveling rom the Freightliner facility in Tolleson (annual service). We have a 90 gallon fuel tank, and I too live on the top half of our tank when possible. We will be backtracking out of MV and heading to Page on secondary roads. Not sure which ones yet. I believe that these roads are all doable...and enjoyable. After leaving Page, we will be heading over to the Cedar City area (I think through Hurricane??...not sure about that right now). Just winging it, and enjoying life...you know... “Having a Blast”.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #4

kayenta has several gas stations also. we fueled at one (don't remember the brand) that had truck and rv's lanes in the back. we were towing a 42' 5th wheel with a full bed crew cab truck. no access problems at all. i believe it was at the southwest corner of the intersection of 160 and the road to monument valley.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #5

I believe Gouldings at Monument Valley has fuel but probably expensive. Bigchick says Kayenta does, also. That would be good.

The only 2 roads from Monument Valley to Page are 98 or 89. Both are good. If you take 98 that comes in before Tuba City.

Page to Cedar City: 89 west to Kanab, UT then south a little back into AZ to Fredonia then 389 west which becomes 59 in Utah to Hurricane. If you like animals, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is an awesome place to visit at Kanab. Sign up for a tour. It's in a beautiful setting. Also there is Coral Pink Sands State Park and the color is breathtaking.

Zion & Bryce Nat'l Parks are in the area if you haven't been yet.

Favorite areas of ours. Have fun!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #6

they have fuel at the goulding store.
i have fueled there twice but don't remember how competitive they are.
can't get much closer than that
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote