Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #1

We are looking for information on campgrounds or resorts for the January to April timeframe next year. Would prefer the northwest side of town if possible, as my wifes sister and her mother live in Glendale and Sun City. I've seen ads for Sunflower Resort in Surprise and Desert Shadows on 29th St. in north Phoenix, anyone have information on these or other places?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #2

We are looking for information on campgrounds or resorts for the January to April timeframe next year. Would prefer the northwest side of town if possible, as my wifes sister and her mother live in Glendale and Sun City. I've seen ads for Sunflower Resort in Surprise and Desert Shadows on 29th St. in north Phoenix, anyone have information on these or other places?

Old 05-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #3

Look at Happy Trails also. Its an ownership place but you can get leases in there for long term. Very friendly place with lots of activities. I have only rented there and have no direct interest, other than several friends who are sold on the place.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shanwick:
We are looking for information on campgrounds or resorts for the January to April timeframe next year. Would prefer the northwest side of town if possible, as my wifes sister and her mother live in Glendale and Sun City. I've seen ads for Sunflower Resort in Surprise and Desert Shadows on 29th St. in north Phoenix, anyone have information on these or other places? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #4

Thanks Bob. Do you know if Happy Trails has WiFi internet available throughout the park? That's kind of a deal breaker for us if we're going to be there for three months. There is no information on this on their website.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #5

We have spent a couple weeks at Desert Shadows, and I don't recommend it. Lots of freeway noise, and sort of a run down park model park.

We have stayed at Sunflower a couple of times and it is very nice. Lots of activities. The only negative is that you have to deal with the Bell Road/Sun City traffic everytime you come/go.

Our favorite on that side of town is Paradise RV Resort in Sun City. We spent two months there this year, and have just taken an annual space there. Lots of activities, great people. As of last week, there are still a few spaces available for the winter season, but they book fast. Not sure about Wifi, but don't think so. Mostly parkmodels, and they just added Quest DSL, but you must have it hooked up. We use our Verizon wireless aircard, so didn't need a land line. However, they have a nice computer room available.

Happy Trails is waaaaaay on the west side of town and and a good long drive along congested Bell Rd. to get anywhere. But it does have a golf course and is very nice.

Keep us posted on your final destination...

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #6

We're looking at Deserts Edge Resort on the east side of I-17 and just north of 101. Does anyone have any experience with this place?
Old 07-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #7

We camped at Desert Edge in Feb 07. Had reservations for a month and left after a week. Very disappointed - located in run down industrial area, right of Interstate(very loud) and very, very dusty. Not at all a resort campground.

2003 Damon Intruder 350
lionel_046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #8

Harry,

Thanks for the information. We've got our name on a waiting list for a campground up by Lake Pleasant, don't know if we'll be able to get in for the 2007/08 winter season or not. In the mean time, my wife's sister is looking around the area for other campgrounds (she lives in the area).

Jeff