Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #1

I'll be heading out on July 20th for a week at Pine Mountain Campground in Georgia (www.camppinemountain.com). I've been to the animal park there once in the past, and our weekend is planned, but does anyone have any other info on things to do in the area? I'll be sure to post a review of the grounds upon our return.

1999 Daughter
lwbfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #2

I'll be heading out on July 20th for a week at Pine Mountain Campground in Georgia (www.camppinemountain.com). I've been to the animal park there once in the past, and our weekend is planned, but does anyone have any other info on things to do in the area? I'll be sure to post a review of the grounds upon our return.

1999 Daughter
lwbfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #3

Check out Callaway Gardens while you there.Pretty cool place. Also Teddy Rosevelts, Little Whitehouse and state park.
Eddie
Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #4

Ditto on Callaway Gardens - beautiful. Recommend the butterfly garden and the raptor show.

Franklin Roosevelt's cottage and museum is interesting in Warm Springs; also the old polio sanitorium.

The state park is vintage CCC construction, which is to say beautiful but dated. They have upgraded the state park campground and we enjoyed our stay there....except for the very red Georgia clay we managed to track in wih us.

05 Journey 36G CAT C7
diesellabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #5

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
We stay there and enjoy ourselfs. Will be back soon.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #6

We are from this area.We camp at FDR state park.Ride through the cg while in the area.It is a very nice park.Also Liberty Bell Pool.Warm Springs
Look at Things To Do and you will find many Links.Callaway Gardens is Beautiful.Nice place to ride bikes if it is not to hot.It is cooler camping at FDR also.

Karen
Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 AM   #7

I live in the Pine Mountain Ga area myself. The animal park is a great place for the kids, watch out for the zebra's. There is also a farm near the animal park that has alot of activities kids and adults would like. I havnt been there but will be going there in a couple weeks. You also are not too far from Atlanta if you wanted to deal with the traffic and see things up that way. Enjoy yourself. I will try to remember to post something after our May 12th trip to the farm location.