Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
Stayed at Ocean Lakes several yrs ago. We had a site adjacent to the beach. The beach sites are very very tight but next to the beach. Two problems golf carts everywhere, everywhere , everywhere driving very fast by underage teenagers, and fireworks on the beach all night long were being set off by the campground patrons.
We just returned from ocean lakes last week and enjoyed it except for the tropical storm as far as golf carts they have really cracked down on underage teenage driving by fineing $100.00 and increased security not a problem any more I take my on golf cart as you can see by my picture a ocean lakes. Now for fire works that's a coast guard problem camp grounds have no authority on the beach and all of the camp grounds do it. I'll stay at ocean lakes any day over they rest.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #16

We are definitely making the best of it and we are having a very good time. As long as the kids are happy I am as well.
pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #17

After a full 24 hours here I will say this....the staff is overly friendly ..the sites are huge...the beach is clean. I guess the golf carts were/are a big turn off. If it wasn't for that there would be no complaints at all. So I don't want to seem like I am nitpicking....
Old 06-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #18

We arranged a week's stay at Ocean Lakes in April. We actually arrived a day early. OL was full. We went next door and got a 65' pull-thru at Pirateland. We had been at Ocean Lakes previously, but nowhere else in MB. After the long day and night at Pirateland, we looked into staying on at PL, and moving/canc-ing the OL.

No go. PL was full, and OL was (rightfully) gonna charge us big time for canc-ing at the last minute.

We like both places. The WiFi was better at PL, the crowd was a little older at OL.

YMMV.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #19

Go to Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Oceanside just like Pirateland, but no golf carts!!
dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #20

Here is my final say on pirateland as we are leaving tomorrow..... our first night here was a little overwhelming with the golf carts. They are everywhere and from 9-11 at night they parade around. But by the 5th day the golf carts were almost amusing!! I think we would stay here again or The state park. The pool and lazy river for the kids is exceptional as is the staff. I would say it is very clean overall. We have never stayed at a mega campground before....but now that we have we know what to expect.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All's well that ends well!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #22

My husband & I love Pirateland campground. We have stayed there many times at different times of the year. If we take our grand kids we go during peak season but our favorite is just after Labor Day. We take our dog, Maltese. We usually stay 10-12 days & don't want to leave. The people are wonderful workers & patrons. Nothing bad to say. Nothing at all. Can't wait to get back. Ps. I am disabled & it doesn't matter at all.
24therode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #23

We spent the month of October there last year. The place was pretty much empty, so the golf carts were not a problem. One day we had about 100 geese walking around. Watched Hurricane Sandy pass by. It was nice being so close to the beach, even though it was too cold for swimming. I would probably never go back, even if in the area. The place seemed kind of crummy, if you ask me.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
I don't think you can go wrong at any of the campgrounds in Myrtle Beach. I have stayed at Ocean Lakes and Myrtle Beach Travel Park. I have driven thru Pirateland, Myrtle Beach State Park, and Huntington Beach State Park. ALL are very nice! If you don't like golf carts, I would avoid Ocean lakes and Pirateland. * BTW: We are heading to Ocean Lakes on Friday!
RVBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote