Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pismo Beach (and Avila and SLO) Trip Report

Here's a trip report for our recent RV Trip to Pismo Beach State Park and surrounding area. We hope you enjoy it!
Al & Deb

https://mobilemosers.com/2016/10/02/...lo-rv-trip-46/

macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #2

Thanks, but now I all want to eat is a cinnamon roll
Old 10-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #3

Loved you report...as always. Like poster #2, all I can now think of are cinnamon roles. The one in the picture that you posted looks absolutely tasty!
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:16 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry about that!! :-) I feel the same way about the cinnamon rolls...good thing it's a 3 hour drive away for me.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #5

We spent a few weeks in that area a year ago last January. Anyone that visits that part of California should tour the Point San Louis Lighthouse. It's the last Victorian lighthouse. So nicely restored it looks like the cover of a story book.

https://sanluislighthouse.org/

We stayed a week at El Charro county park between Moro Bay and SLO. Nice quiet park, not crowded that time of year. Reasonable rate by California standards. Very convenient for visiting the coast or inland around SLO. We stayed another three or four nights at an RV park right next to the beach in Pismo Beach. Both of our bicycles were stolen while were there so it's not my favorite place.
AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
John, thanks for the tip on the San Louis Lighthouse. We planned to go this trip but couldn't make it. I'll make sure we take the tour next time! Also, sorry about your bikes! Yikes! Since it is a populated area, we always keep ours locked up.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:14 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
My wife grew up in the Pismo area and I traveled over from Bakersfield every weekend cause I was head over heels in LOVE. I used to throw my sleeping bag right on the beach and no one bothered me. The area has really changed from the old days. There are lots of transients now who will steal you blind. The moderate coastal weather makes it ideal for bums and the cops hands are tied. Seems there is no such thing as being a vagrant now.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:32 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It does seem to be a different world these days. Congrats on finding your wife in Pismo back in the day! :-)
Old 10-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Pismo and Avila Beach are still my favorite places in the world. When you come over the hill from San Luis Obispo at night and see the five cities area spread out below, it is awesome. All you people who come to Ca to visit, add Pismo to your must see list. Forget the LA beaches. They are way too crowded and dirty.

Yes sir, found me a Pismo Beach bunny I did...
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2!