Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Biggene46 View Post
In the Pismo area try Pismo Sands RV south on Hyw 1 in Oceano, its very clean and very little noise. We have stayed at PCV and it is nice, but we prefer Pismo Sands. Also try Arroyo Grande they have killer burgers and sandwich wraps at Old Village Grill, nice Mexican food across the street. All these places are on or near Grand Ave. East of Hyw. 101. Where you go in the Five city area you'll have a great time.
I have to agree, Old Village Grill has some great burgers. Just there last week, I need to try out the Mexican place across the street.

Mike, Lora and Bebe
05 Safari Simba 37 PCT, WorkHorse W22, Koni FSD, CrossFire, Rear Trak-Bar, SG2
Ready Brute w/ Ready Brake, Safe-T-Plus, 05 GMC Envoy
mllk3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

If you go to San Luis Obispo on a Thursday evening go to the 'Farmers Market'. Went there a few weeks ago and it was incredible.

Why they call it a 'Farmers Market' I can't begin to guess, it was more of a BBQ, Beer & Wine festival. IMHO stay away from the watermelon ribs.

We prefer to stay in Morro Bay. Less crowded, less noise, same good food.

Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar
Will be at Pismo Coast Village for a week starting 24 Nov.
2008 Jeep Sahara '4Dr"
Ronnie Bledsoe
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
Pismo Coast Village in Pismo was a nightmare - felt like I was in an RV parking lot, surrounded by trucks and cars of guests. Dogs were yapping day and night. Might be okay in off season or non-holiday weekend but we preferred the State Park just next door if you can opt for dry camping. They provide water and dumping station and just a few feet from the beach, butterfly park, and most sites are pull thru and grassy. The park provides restrooms and showers. This is where we will stay next time!
floreska27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
Be prepared for bumper to bumper RV's, trucks and cars parked in the road at Pismo Coast Village. Not a very pleasant experience during holiday or high season. Try the State Park next door. That's where we plan to camp next time we're down that way. Semi dry camping with RR & showers, fire pits, and the beach is just a few steps away.
floreska27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #20
I agree with Floriska. I'm not a fan of Pismo Coast Village. It's a nice place but a little to busy and hectic for my preference. I don't mind dry camping and prefer to stay at Oceano state beach campground.
Jeff & Barbara & our 4 kid's
2014 Thor Windsport 34j
Honda Pilot toad
Giant Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:51 AM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
I stole my wife of 43 yrs from Pismo...That was 1968 ...summer....dancing at the Rose Garden. Anyone remember the old roller rink. Needless to say we love the Five Cities area. Sorry OP...I just had to do it

Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote