Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #1

Planning a tour of the Maritime provinces, no reservations..possible or not?

My wife and I are planning a tour of the Maritime provinces this next August 2016. Would like to do it stressless, no reservations anywhere. Is this possible during the peak season? We plan to travel from 9 Am till 2 PM each day. Are we bound to have difficulties finding an RV site (a small class B, 25') at that time of the year?
Laserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #2

Personally , I'd put money on it, any RV park worth stopping at will be booked till after Labor Day, you might be ok on a week day , but weekends !
DW and I did the Maritime's after Labor Day in 2010, and weekends were still touch and go, till month end, and then some of the parks were even starting to shut down services for the winter.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
In the U.S. we use Walmarts as a fallback in case we can't find a campground for the night. Is there any such alternative in the Maritimes? Can you just find a place to pull over for the night, or is that not feasible?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:18 AM   #4

Yes, I guess we could although there seems to be indications Nova Scotia forbids boondocking...to be confirmed. We will most likely reserve in the Provincial parks in the next few days so we don't have a surprise or stress finding a place. It will just be a little different trip than we had planned.Thanks for your help. This forum helped us in our decision
Laserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I highly recommend the Louisbourg Motor Home RV Park in Nova Scotia. Stay there a minimum of two days and nights. It is in the heart of the town and walking distance to everything. Right next door is the Louisbourg Playhouse, a wonderful theater-in-the -round that has great shows every evening. A short drive to the Fortress of Louisbourg, which is an outstanding thing to see. Plan to spend the better part of a day there. This is a do not miss place if you are visiting Nova Scotia.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We too are doing the maritimes this summer and I seldom make reservations more than a day ahead in order to leave our routing and timetable as free as possible. We hope to do a bit of boondocking and if park space is not available for our 43" it will simply add to our free nights. We can manage at least a week without connections but ideally we don't like to go much beyond 4 nights between services.

If we should run into a problem where there is no room at an RV parks and no overnighting is allowed then I guess it will be up to the local enforcement folks to decide if they wish to assume the responsibility and risk of forcing us to travel when it may be unsafe to drive further that day.