Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #1

Hi
My wife and I went to East Stroudsburg PA,on Rt.209 a few miles south of Bushkill Falls,we stopped there first on Fri.we had a nice walk down the wood steps to the bottom of the falls and back up to the top,you can bring your dogs on the walk,our 2 Springers loved it espically when we got to a spot with no railing they were able to go in the creek. The c/g is Deleaware Water Gap KOA, a wide level backin site,a few trees,spotless shower rooms,on Sat. & Sun. morn they have an all you can eat pancake breakfast with coffee & OJ that was good for $5.00 per person.Sat. nite you can particapate in a pot luck dinner and after that a make you own sundae for $2.00 They have a pool,playground,and minature golf,$2.00.
For us it was a relaxing weekend,no cell phones(no service)it didn't bother me,the only negative for me when I called to make reservation,I was told the Delaware River was only about 1 mi. away but is closer to 7,but we had a good time anway.Hung out with the couple in the site next to us and watched the NASCAR race Sat. nite. Rick & Robin
The web site is www.poconokoa

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #2

Hi
My wife and I went to East Stroudsburg PA,on Rt.209 a few miles south of Bushkill Falls,we stopped there first on Fri.we had a nice walk down the wood steps to the bottom of the falls and back up to the top,you can bring your dogs on the walk,our 2 Springers loved it espically when we got to a spot with no railing they were able to go in the creek. The c/g is Deleaware Water Gap KOA, a wide level backin site,a few trees,spotless shower rooms,on Sat. & Sun. morn they have an all you can eat pancake breakfast with coffee & OJ that was good for $5.00 per person.Sat. nite you can particapate in a pot luck dinner and after that a make you own sundae for $2.00 They have a pool,playground,and minature golf,$2.00.
For us it was a relaxing weekend,no cell phones(no service)it didn't bother me,the only negative for me when I called to make reservation,I was told the Delaware River was only about 1 mi. away but is closer to 7,but we had a good time anway.Hung out with the couple in the site next to us and watched the NASCAR race Sat. nite. Rick & Robin
The web site is www.poconokoa

Old 07-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #3

We have stayed there several times on our trips up North to our Maine property. While the campground is nice, the price is not for having no full hook-ups. There is a dump station kind of out of the way and I feel that should be discounted from KOA's high prices. The only other issue we have with the campground is the lane one must take to exit and go round the office, it's narrow, it's not level and the final 'turn' to the right falls away to the left. Not fun in a large RV. We now prefer Pine Grove KOA, it is kind of open but a nice overnight spot.

W24 8.1 Vortec
Kyle241 is offline   Reply With Quote