Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #1

Port Angeles, Wa KOA

This is not a fancy place and it is close to the hiway so you do hear the noise but it does have all the amenities and the people who run the place that we met were nice.
It only has 3 sites with 50 amp electrical so you will want to reserve in advance.
Some of the RV sites do not have trees (west side back in spots). All of the pull through sites were in the trees so sat reception may be a problem. The west row of pull through sites have a great view of the mountains from your RV.
They have lots of planned activities on weekends. Pool, spa, game room etc.
We have not been here during the day since we are on vacation and in Olympic National Park most of the day so have no idea what it is like mid day.
RV park is located about 5 miles east of Port Angeles.
We did stop by and look at Als RV Park and it is basically an open lot with hook ups.
We have had two great meals in Port Angeles. First was at Fiesta Jalisco, I had the Seafood Chimichanga (scallops and shrimp). It was reccomended by a local I met at the gas station. My wife had the Chicken Fajitas and they were OK, not excellant like the Chimi.
Next was a dinner at Michaels Seafood. I had the whole Dungeness Crab special and it was sweet and excellant. I believe it was $26. My wife had the Mixed Grill with salad, potato of choice, grass fed Steak and 3 large grilled shrimp and veggies for $32.
Both were excellant as was the service.
Some of the stuff on the menu was pricey but quality seems to be something they understand.
If you havent been to Olympic National Park it is worth seeing.
It is not possible to see it all in one day. The park does not have a single road that goes through it. You have to go in at separate entry points and then come back out. It is a big place so figure a few days to see it all.
It is a 90 minute ferry ride over to Victoria, British Columbia Canada. Cost was 17.50 PP each way. It is a beautiful city worth seeing. We just did a one day trip over to see a nephew and had a great time.
It is pricey to take a large vehicle over on the ferry but Im sure it would be a great way to spend a week. Lots of natural beauty over there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #2

thanks for your report

Old 09-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Did you have a chance to see the boat races?
Ive seen them on TV and they look like it would be fun.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #4

Unforntunately I did not get to see the races. Found out about it as we were driving to the ferry to go to BC to visit a nephew the same ay as the races.
That looks like it would be a blast to see live. Those guys are crazy!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree, to do 80-90 mph in such a short course is really crazy. I'm really surprised it hasn't caught on more.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote