Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2016, 08:22 AM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The arthritis in my back keeps me from hiking like I used to, but that doesn't mean we are sedentary. We are definitely a different generation from those at the "55 plus" parks though we are 61 and 63. In fact, we haven't even found a snowbird park we fit in, though we would like to find someplace warm for a while in the winter. Eventually RV parks will figure out we don't want bingo, shuffleboard, and big band music. If they don't, they will close as the older folks move out, but we don't move in. Until things change, we will just concentrate on public parks and stay out of the RV parks.

UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
The arthritis in my back keeps me from hiking like I used to, but that doesn't mean we are sedentary. We are definitely a different generation from those at the "55 plus" parks though we are 61 and 63. In fact, we haven't even found a snowbird park we fit in, though we would like to find someplace warm for a while in the winter. Eventually RV parks will figure out we don't want bingo, shuffleboard, and big band music. If they don't, they will close as the older folks move out, but we don't move in. Until things change, we will just concentrate on public parks and stay out of the RV parks.

While not an RV park, that's what Sun City was like when we moved in, then as we requested more updated things and more people our age moved in, things changed and the music in the gym/clubhouse is no longer big band and more Heart, Fleetwood Mac and Eagles type stuff. The DH is currently working on getting an off-road group together. We hang with people our age, that are like us active and young minded. Works for us.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
If they don't play AC/DC, CCR, Skynyrd, Hendrix, Allman, and some good ole Ozzy then it's not for me. It OK to throw in some of the masters like Bach, Brahms but has to be cranked up...

Go ahead and crank it up

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457829307.153962.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  83.9 KB

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:57 PM   #32

Lightbulb To ChasA and traveler of CA

after surgery your healing is "progressive", education is "progressive", hopefully a career is "progressive", home improvement is "progressive", etc......not political.........sorry for those locked into a narrow view, you have your parks.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:19 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
I am from the era you describe, but I have never liked music "cranked up" and I have never understood why people want to invite hearing damage. I like keeping my hearing intact and retaining the ability to actually hear things at normal volume. I even like to be able to hold conversation with other people, something impossible to do with extremely loud music in the background.
Kudos to you Patti, you are siging my song.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am 65 and look at life this way:

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!"

Has never failed me yet........

Angie and I made reservations at one of those 55+ RV places in FLA for next winter. They are a very active park with trap shooting, bowling, motor cycle rides but have the standard shuffle board, bingo, pool aerobics, and the like. We will make the best of it.........we have the key to the front gate and can "escape" anytime we like and do what we want........

And to be honest - I have fun with the "Old Timers". At my Legion post, I love to sit and talk with them.......sometimes they are a little grouchy but who knows what's ailing them that particular day.

Now if you really want to feel old, especially when you do not feel or think "old", volunteer in an elementary school. What a gas! (there's a term you haven't heard in a few years) I was in a 5th grade class once and some young lad asked this question, "Mr. Nulty, did they have phones when you were young?" WOW - it is amazing how other people see you! My answer BTW, was "Yes, and we didn't have to crank them."

To be honest, I look in a mirror and see a 21 year old kid - although sometimes my back says different.

I whole heartily agree - the 55+ RV parks and resorts need to start thinking about us............but then again a 55 year old would think I was old!! LOL

Y'all have a great day - it's Spring again - everything is new and starts fresh.

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
I am 65 and look at life this way:

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!"

Has never failed me yet........

Angie and I made reservations at one of those 55+ RV places in FLA for next winter. They are a very active park with trap shooting, bowling, motor cycle rides but have the standard shuffle board, bingo, pool aerobics, and the like. We will make the best of it.........we have the key to the front gate and can "escape" anytime we like and do what we want........

And to be honest - I have fun with the "Old Timers". At my Legion post, I love to sit and talk with them.......sometimes they are a little grouchy but who knows what's ailing them that particular day.

Now if you really want to feel old, especially when you do not feel or think "old", volunteer in an elementary school. What a gas! (there's a term you haven't heard in a few years) I was in a 5th grade class once and some young lad asked this question, "Mr. Nulty, did they have phones when you were young?" WOW - it is amazing how other people see you! My answer BTW, was "Yes, and we didn't have to crank them."

To be honest, I look in a mirror and see a 21 year old kid - although sometimes my back says different.

I whole heartily agree - the 55+ RV parks and resorts need to start thinking about us............but then again a 55 year old would think I was old!! LOL

Y'all have a great day - it's Spring again - everything is new and starts fresh.

g
Hi Glenn, Also from NY. See that you have an Airedale. We had same for a little over 12 years. Loved to go with us. Any pics of your pup? Thanks for you and your wife's service.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	121836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyjerry View Post
Hi Glenn, Also from NY. See that you have an Airedale. We had same for a little over 12 years. Loved to go with us. Any pics of your pup? Thanks for you and your wife's service.
Hello Crabby......

First off - where in New York?

Our Airedale, Haddington, loves to ride. Either in the car, truck, or motor coach, makes no difference. He likes to always be on the go......also loves to walk and hike!

He is going to be 2 next month - so we are in the "Terrible-Twos", literally!!!! We have so much fun with him, he is so smart. I hate it when a dog try's to out think you!!!!!!

It was our pleasure to serve...

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I'd suggest putting it in Colorado........

And my wife makes great homemade Pizza so I think that could be a work camping gig for us!

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
At first I thought this was about finding a place where one can be a liberal without fear.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I'd suggest putting it in Colorado........

And my wife makes great homemade Pizza so I think that could be a work camping gig for us!
Be sure to locate it in Stoner, Colorado, just about 120 miles from us here in Pagosa Springs.

Stoner, CO - Stoner, Colorado Map & Directions - MapQuest
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
At first I thought this was about finding a place where one can be a liberal without fear.
To be a liberal shows that you have no fear....

Joe
Colonel, USAF (Ret)
Liberal and proud of it
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
Attachment 121836

Hello Crabby......

First off - where in New York?

Our Airedale, Haddington, loves to ride. Either in the car, truck, or motor coach, makes no difference. He likes to always be on the go......also loves to walk and hike!

He is going to be 2 next month - so we are in the "Terrible-Twos", literally!!!! We have so much fun with him, he is so smart. I hate it when a dog try's to out think you!!!!!!

It was our pleasure to serve...

g
same as our guy. Smart as a whip. Would get another but wife doesn't want to go thru the last weeks of his life again..Feels as tho she's betraying him with another. Live midway on Long Island NY.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #42

Put in my place

Recently visited the in laws in a 55+ park. While attending a gathering at the clubhouse I remarked on the quiet lifestyle being a bit "boring". A tablemate motioned to a nearby gentleman who seemed perfectly happy with the background music featuring Glenn Miller. "See that guy with the hearing aids over there? he asked." I said sure and he informed me that the gentleman in question had survived the siege of Bastogne while collecting a Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts. Appropriately chagrined I thought, that gentleman is responsible for my being able to have any "thing". Just saying that until the market decides to cater to the younger demographic, I'll happily listen to whatever gives them an ounce of joy.