Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #15

As to what to do? We've been going mid-January with the same Escapees group off and on for 16 years. We'll go into 'town' to the RV Show Tent and other flea markets perhaps once or twice during the two-week period. Other times we'll be out in the desert with 200 close friends. Whoever want to do something special just posts it on a white board and things happen. We have potlucks, morning walks, ATVing, Jeeping, geocaching, siteseeing, at least one trip to the Desert Bar, canoeing, fishing, a trip to the wildlife refuge, rockhounding, biking, group talk session on various topics, breakfasts, happy hours and many more activities.

Basically, it's more fun to go with a group of like-minds. Almost every RV manufacturer has a group, ham radio operators have a group, etc.

Try to find a group for your interests and you'll have a blast!

Definitely, the active time for Quartzsite are the last two weeks of January. You just find your spot in the desert - there are free 14-day areas and long-time areas for a minimal fee.

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Here is a list of events for the 2015 season. Quartzsite, Arizona - Show Events Calendar 2015 - Swap Meet - DesertUSA

The big rv show is known as the Main Event and right now it still looks to be determined. There was talk last year about it not happening so don't know.

If you are a ham, then there is Quartzfest at mile post 99, info here Quartzfest Welcome Page

Otherwise the flea markets have a bunch of junk to buy at inflated prices.

Camping on BLM land is free for 14 day stays and I think about 140 for the season if you go where there is water and a dump.

Lots of open room so you can howl at the moon and not bother anyone.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Can you just show up and get a site or do you have to reserve in advance?
It depends on which cactus you would like to park next to

We went once and stayed on blm land just north ( i think ) and walked to town. We pulled in and were greeted by someone from a motorhome acting as kind of a park office.... when we said we were only staying tonight he said we didn't need a permit ( which is free for 14 days ) he said just go park where ever you like.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #18

Last year was our first Quartzsite experience and we spent three months there from December to March. The gem and mineral club there is one of the best in the country and if you like rockhounding or jewelry, that's the place to be. They have classes in almost every aspect of lapidary arts and they start in November, I think.

I think that if you are "over 55", there is a lot to do from November - March. Not sure our kids would enjoy it at all. There are no swimming pools, few restaurants, no amusement parks, museums or shopping malls. But, the people are incredible and we found that the desert has its own appeal.

We are loading up the camper this week and planning to get there earlier this year. I want to take some more silversmith classes and maybe a basket class. And, we didn't get to do many of the music and dances last year, so that's on the agenda too. :-)

We stayed in one of the RV parks and it was extremely reasonable for monthly or seasonal stays.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
We do Q every 2nd or 3rd year. We always stay at Quail Run, newest and nicest park in Q. It only fills up in Jan.

I was unable too locate this Park "Quail Run" Where is it?
Thanks, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #20

Here's a list of the Quartzsite RV parks if you don't want to boondock. Quail Run is listed here:

Quartzsite (Arizona ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
If you have not been to Quartzsite during the show. this is a very small picture of what it looks like during show time...

http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/file..._980_300sm.jpg
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I was unable too locate this Park "Quail Run" Where is it?
Thanks, Tim

It's in town Quartzsite. North edge of town West side of Hwy. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413052696.153115.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	422.7 KB
ID:	76300
Old 10-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quartszite is dead this time of year and hot. When you have had enough head to the colorado river area.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
It's in town Quartzsite. North edge of town West side of Hwy. Attachment 76300

Thanks, I emailed today about reservations for Jan, Feb & Mar. hope too hear back soon.
Thanks again, tim
Old 10-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
I came through Q a couple weeks ago and saw maybe a dozen rigs parked in the desert. I have never been there in the winter but I have to agree with a previous poster that the Parker Strip is more appealing to me. Getting on the river and hopping from one watering hole to the other is a great experience.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:15 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Thanks, I emailed today about reservations for Jan, Feb & Mar. hope too hear back soon.
Thanks again, tim
I got a spot @ Quail,for this winter.
Tim
Old 10-27-2014, 01:08 AM   #27

I watched this video on a RV Park in Pahrump NV and cost was like $385 month for full hookups. Park looked clean, had pools, gym, bowling alley etc. why the hell stay out in the middle of nowhere when places that aren't expensive are close by?? I'm all for saving money but parking in a dust bowl for months doesn't sound fun too me! 😜
Old 10-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #28

Quartzsite in Oct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
I watched this video on a RV Park in Pahrump NV and cost was like $385 month for full hookups. Park looked clean, had pools, gym, bowling alley etc. why the hell stay out in the middle of nowhere when places that aren't expensive are close by?? I'm all for saving money but parking in a dust bowl for months doesn't sound fun too me! 😜

Many clubs have their rallies there at the same spot on BLM ground each year just prior or during the RV show. Their rally may be for just three or four days but then some of those attending will stay much longer.

I too prefer a full hookup site. But everyone to their own. Many of those staying on the BLM ground have stayed the same place each year. Their group of friends are there every year.

Last year most parks in town were $25 per night during the show week. Much cheaper by the month.

Russell

Tags
quartzsite