Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #43

Ok thanks for the tip... Our plans are strange.... we will be stopping in Quartz site for a quick lunch and then moving on to Laughlin and Vegas then returning to Quartzsite when the RV show is on.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Ok thanks for the tip... Our plans are strange.... we will be stopping in Quartz site for a quick lunch and then moving on to Laughlin and Vegas then returning to Quartzsite when the RV show is on.
Perfect!! That will give you a chance to check it out first. Good luck and enjoy.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #45

Thankyou
Old 12-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
theres places close to the RV tent/show that is $5 to $7.50 a night dry camping. Never stayed there but there are several close enough to walk,. east side of town
and next to the second quartz exit I would be guessing if I said Exit 19
but its the highway going south and turn left at first light.

have fun

Here's Quartzsite RV Show in the raining season
http://www.weststardigital.com/IMG_0120.MOV
Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #47

great......... thanks for the tip...... we will park in Scaddan wash first and I will ride into town on my bike and check out these parking areas..... cant wait!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #48

We are planning to hit the Q also. We are in LHC right now. Our toad is a motorcycle and I'm wondering if there are any designated motorcycle parking areas? We can do a BLM spot and not worry how far out we are but will parking a bike be a problem?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #49

Parked at Scaddan wash blm land for two nights, Quartzsite was an easy walk........ dw decided we wont be coming back for the RV show as planned but I got my taste of Quartzsite..... ..... enjoyed it....
Old 01-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #50

Just my two cents and I go to Quartzsite every year, just got back last week matter of fact. Do not camp alone away from others in the desert south of Quartzsite for your own safety. Also, never park or camp in the dry washes, as there have been flash floods there, witness by the trashed RV's next to the old airstrip. BLM land as mentioned above is the cheapest way to stay unless you are travelling with others and can "circle your wagons" so to speak out in the desert. One of my old cronies' RV is in that collection over by the airstrip as it got caught in the flash flood about 5 years ago. I personally stay out in Brenda, about 13 miles east of Quartzsite but I have a toad to get around in except when I travel in my daughter's class B, then I just unhook and use it as transportation.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #51

Just drove back through Quartzsite today..... where did everyone go!!!! its a ghost town now....
Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #52

Beware if you are going to the RV show to purchase one. I found that there are a few RV dealers that is, that have scams to screw you to the wall. Been coming to Quartsite for ten years it is still fun and La Posa south is probably your best bet. Good Luck
Old 03-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #53

Been there and done it...... no need to go back but I would use the dry areas for a quick overnight while passing through.

Tags
quartzsite, toad