Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Auburn Alabama
Posts: 47
Reagan Library

Anyone been to the Reagan Library in California in an RV?
Question is do they accommodate RV parking, room to maneuver etc...

We r planning a trip from Alabama west, to LA, then north to Portland. East to Boise then Yellowstone and SE home.

Traveling in our 2012 Jayco Greyhawk...
__________________

__________________
Joemaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
Member
 
Gandalara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal desert
Posts: 66
RVs park in the street.

They have special places for tour buses, but RVs aren't allowed to use them.
__________________

__________________
Gandalara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
HeapBigEngin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 636
Gandalara is probably right. We just visited the Library about a month ago. I did not see any RV's there; however, the parking lots are quite large. You might contact the Library Folks @ 1-805-522-2977....they could answer your question and possibly refer you to a place where you might park your RV and "toad" over to the facility.

Re the Library, it provided us with an absolutely incredible experience. The facility and the grounds are simply superb, and the folks who work there are about as courteous and helpful as it gets. The Library itself must be experienced to appreciate it.....amazing, really. Suggest you allow yourself a full day for the visit....it is not a drive by or a shuffle thru....IMO. We are planning a return visit to SoCal this Fall or next Spring....and the Library will be again on our list of places to see.

Enjoy!
__________________
2003 Fleetwood Revolution DP
HeapBigEngin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Auburn Alabama
Posts: 47
Thanks for the info! Calling the library is on my agenda as we don't tote a Toad and need somewhere to park and get to it. Looking forward to the trip and spending a day is probably a great idea also.. I assume plenty of camping spots would be available as not to many Walmarts are.... Thanks Again All! Safe Driving, Enjoy....
__________________
Joemaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,079
Don't know anything about the Regan library but we were in Dallas at the Bush Library in January and called them for RV parking. They had a special parking lot a few blocks away. They had a shuttle bus that took you to the library.

Russell
__________________
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Auburn Alabama
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Don't know anything about the Regan library but we were in Dallas at the Bush Library in January and called them for RV parking. They had a special parking lot a few blocks away. They had a shuttle bus that took you to the library. Russell
We might hit GW's also! How was maneuvering in Dallas downtown?
Tnx!
__________________
Joemaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
ChallengerRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,079
Traffic never bothers me. I never in a hurry so I just take my time. Traffic wasn't that bad. The parking lot they put the RV's in was a little tight. Worked out ok. After the library we actually walked back to RV. maybe 6 or 7 blocks.

Library was just OK. Nothing special. Of course it's brand new.

Russell.
__________________
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
1ciderdog's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemaz View Post
We might hit GW's also! How was maneuvering in Dallas downtown?
Tnx!
Not to be confused with the senior G (HW) Bush which is in College Station, TX and there is RV space there, at least there was a couple of years ago when we visited. Well worth the time to visit it.
__________________
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
missourijan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 627
You made the comment that plenty of camping spots may be available, uh no, not in Simi Valley. The library itself is kind of situated in back of a residential area, it's well marked but if they don't let you park there, there's not many options around. There is a great place to stay in the area, a Ventura County park, exit Tapo Canyon Road. It's probably 7 or 8 miles from the library. Full hookups in a quiet canyon setting, Tapo Canyon Park. It's EAST of the 118, think it's $34, can accommodate any size rig. The library is a few miles WEST of the 118, exit Madera. My daughter lives in Simi Valley and we have spent the past 7 winters in Ventura County, not a lot of rv parks in the Ventura County area. There's a big new Target just a mile or two from the library, corner of Los Angeles Ave & Madera. Huge parking lot. You might call them and ask if you could park there overnight, if you prefer boondocking. The Wal Mart there has a small parking lot but I have seen rv's spend the night.
__________________
Jan & Thomas
2012 Drv Mobile Suite
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Auburn Alabama
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan View Post
You made the comment that plenty of camping spots may be available, uh no, not in Simi Valley. The library itself is kind of situated in back of a residential area, it's well marked but if they don't let you park there, there's not many options around. There is a great place to stay in the area, a Ventura County park, exit Tapo Canyon Road. It's probably 7 or 8 miles from the library. Full hookups in a quiet canyon setting, Tapo Canyon Park. It's EAST of the 118, think it's $34, can accommodate any size rig. The library is a few miles WEST of the 118, exit Madera. My daughter lives in Simi Valley and we have spent the past 7 winters in Ventura County, not a lot of rv parks in the Ventura County area. There's a big new Target just a mile or two from the library, corner of Los Angeles Ave & Madera. Huge parking lot. You might call them and ask if you could park there overnight, if you prefer boondocking. The Wal Mart there has a small parking lot but I have seen rv's spend the night.
Thanks, all great information! They mention RV parking on Presidential Ave, when I Google Earth it and go to street Level alone the road, I don't see it? Maybe it's been established recently?
__________________
Joemaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
Member
 
arveer's Avatar
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 90
Presidential Avenue is the street that leads up to the library, and there is parking on that street. On a busy day it can fill-up and is uphill (if you have any walking issues), unless you get a spot near the top.
__________________

__________________
Bob
2013 Outdoors RV Mfg.
Wind River 250RDSW
arveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.