Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Recommend RV park in Tualatin/Aurora/Canby, Oregon ?

We are heading up to Lake Oswego, OR in a couple of weeks and discovered that our long-time favorite, RV Park of Portland, has closed up.

A little research reveals that the following three RV parks might be OK. Any comments or recommendations close to Lake Oswego would be appreciated.

..Roamers Rest RV Park in Tualatin

..Aurora Acres in Aurora

..Riverside RV Park in Canby

It appears that Pheasant Ridge in Wilsonville and Coronet in Portland are not suitable for us.

Thank you in advance

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #2

Roamers Rest is the closest to Lake Oswego. I have never driven down into the park. It looks very nice from the road.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #3

check out champoeg park it has full hookups and close by
also pheasant ridge rv park is close and gets top ratings
Old 09-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #4

I would agree on Champoeg State Park near Aloha. It's a large historical park on the Williamette River, a pretty place, gives you a feel for pioneer farming in the valley back in the day. A few years ago (5-10?) they put in another loop (B loop) specifically for RV's. They are large and spacious. Watch out for A loop, there are some nice spots there but they are older, smaller, tighter, with more trees.

If I want to be even closer to Portland I stay at Roamers Rest, Tualatin, it's just a few miles from Washington Square (big shopping mall). People complain that it's too tight but I have never had a problem. I ask for a pull through to keep things simple.

Pheasant Ridge is OK but very anal. Signs everywhere, no dogs more than 30 pounds.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #5

Let's all check our maps. Champoeg State Park is not near Aloha. Perhaps you meant Aurora...?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #6

We used to live in Lake Oswego and have since moved north but still visit the Grand Kiddies in Milwaukee. Our favorite RV Park is Clackamette Country Park. It's right off of I-205 in Oregon City at the confluence of the Clackamas River into the Willemette River. Very nice view right on the river and at $20/night the price is right also. It was Water & Power hookups but no sewer, you have to disconnect and go about a half block away to dump. The park is very convenient to either Hwy 99, Mclaughlin Blvd, or I-205, or even State Street (back way into LO).
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillRVToo View Post
Let's all check our maps. Champoeg State Park is not near Aloha. Perhaps you meant Aurora...?
Yes, I meant Aurora. Sorry.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Champoeg is indeed a nice option if you are content to be a bit out of town. Woodburn RV park is decent as well and adjacent to the outlet malls. We have stayed at both.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #9

Aurora Acres is right next to the Interstate 5 freeway...very loud Champoeg Park is about 10 minutes west of Aurora Acres..it is a very nice state park. Canby RV is a dump
Old 09-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stayed at Roamer's Rest for three days. Nice place. Altho Pacific Hwy 99 is close by, it was quiet in the pull-thru area.

Only possible problem is when checking in. You enter and quickly the road drops off at a steep angle. This is where you are supposed to stop and check in. If your e-brake fails...........watch out below.

There is a curb off to the right a couple of feet and I aimed for that. I lived in San Francisco for a long time and found the best way to apply the e-brake on a hill......is to apply the brake pedal and go into neutral. Apply the e-brake 100% and gently let off on the brake pedal. RV should hold. Now, put RV in Park. This takes all the RV weight off the shifter which sometimes will not move out of park because of the weight.

So, Roamer's is good. $34 a night as I recall. Worth it.