Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #1

Recommendations for Lake Havasu Arizona?

Anyone have any first hand knowledge of rv parks there? Want to go there for a couple days next month. Want to stay near London Bridge Thanks in advance
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #2

You might try looking here.

RV Park Reviews :: Home

We spent a night there in the summer of 06. All I remember is in the summer I wanted out of there as early the next morning as I could get.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
From what I have seen on tv, stay away.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Havasu Falls RV Park is decent but the spaces are kinda close for me. Don't, and I repeat, Don't stay in Havasu Springs RV Park unless you don't mind drinking water that has been used once.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #5

If we stay in a park we stay in Crazy Horse. No particular reason - that's just where we stay. We have friends who spend the winter there so we visit them if we stay there. Right now we're in Cattail Cove State Park which is about 10 miles south of Lake Havasu. Its way prettier than anything in town and its not that big a deal to run into town. OTOH if you want to do the tourist thing around the bridge then you might be happier in town.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wife and I stayed at the Crazy Horse campground

It is on the island.

Across the London Bridge

Which is not falling down (At least not when we were there)
Old 01-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We winter near Lake Havasu City, it is a very nice area, We liked Cattail Cove State Park, It is on the lake and about 10 mile south of Havasu. Pick up a winter visitors guide, Its has all the Havasu events coming up. Don't miss the sunday swap meet.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #8

The Islander RV Resort is on the island, across the London Bridge, and convenient.I don't stay there because I live here. There are several nice RV Parks in the area. LHC is a great place to visit for a few days.

2003 Brave 43D
lenOrge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Lake Havasu is a GREAT place. We live full time in a stick house, but have an RV and have been to Crazy Horse and Islander RV resort, which are both nice. Plenty to do on the weekends with all the activities that go on here. Have a great trip.
1940 ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last May we stayed at Prospectors RV Resort. www.prospectorsresort.com It is newer and was very clean, plain sites. We used Campclub USA membership and the rate was very low. You can also boondock a bit north by the airport on BLM which is free, its on the east side of the highway via gravel road. Nice area also.

Richard
rtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete & Linda View Post
From what I have seen on tv, stay away.
What? The spring break stuff, ........ not like that all the time.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #12

Islander RV Resort is very nice. Spots are good with a space for your rig then next it a patio area and next to it a space to park a vehicle, boat trailer etc. It is well maintained, has nice amenities - pool, clubhouse and a private cove with launch ramp and beach area. That said they do have a number of rules and enforce them very close.

Crazy Horse Campground is also on the Island across London Bridge, a little more "rustic' spaces aren't as wide and in the summer months when most people are using 2 AC's etc we have experienced electrical problems. They also have a swimming pool, general store and private launch ramp.

We have stayed at both and have enjoyed ourselves at both. Islander is probably a little nicer with more reliable power but Crazy Horse is a little more relaxed.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lued View Post
We winter near Lake Havasu City, it is a very nice area, We liked Cattail Cove State Park, It is on the lake and about 10 mile south of Havasu. Pick up a winter visitors guide, Its has all the Havasu events coming up. Don't miss the sunday swap meet.
We like it too. We just spent 10 days at Cattail Cove. Price just went up to $26 on 2/1/10 but they have a beach and launch ramp. Protected from the wind too. Clean park with decent size spaces. No sewer hook ups but a 2 sided dump. We'll go back.

John
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to bistchr
I am looking at retirement areas. Live in palmdale, ca so it is hot and windy in summer, like 105 (I know cool compared to you) but 20-35 mph winds every afternoon. You seem to like Havasu, how long did it take to get used to the extra 10-15 degrees of high temp?
bistchr is offline   Reply With Quote