Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Referral for RV Park Carmel Ca

Looking for a referral for a RV park in or near Carmel CA, running the Big Sur marathon in April would like to be close to pick up point which is in Carmel.
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2015, 10:15 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
A good site to add to your "Favorites" or whatever

RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

It shows a couple of sites in/near Carmel.

Ed S in Denver
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #3

garapata state beach, don't know to much about it, seach it ans it says camping, its all I know of that close, sorry

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=579

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmacs View Post
Looking for a referral for a RV park in or near Carmel CA, running the Big Sur marathon in April would like to be close to pick up point which is in Carmel.
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
We enjoyed staying at this campground 12 miles east of Carmel.
Monterey County Parks | Camping at Laguna Seca Recreation Area
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORYJ View Post
We enjoyed staying at this campground 12 miles east of Carmel.
Monterey County Parks | Camping at Laguna Seca Recreation Area
Yup, love Laguna Seca...if you're lucky, the Porsche owners or Bondurant school will be out on the track. Fun to watch.
gabirdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #6

full hookups at the Monterey County Fairgrounds. Located just outside of downtown Monterey. Paved with good safety. $32
Old 01-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Leaning towards Carmel By The River, anyone been there ? 4.5 miles to Carmel.
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #8

I stayed up the hill at Saddle Mountain. Carmel by the River looked nice. I had a hybrid at the time. If I had my current rig, I may have preferred the River location. Great biking in the area, the running was so-so. You'll probably be tapering anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. There are a few parks nearby with good trails, if a bit hilly. I think Garland Ranch was one of them.

The road in was narrow but passable. They were rebuilding the bridge when we were there last year. Hopefully it's nice and wide now. Getting to and from Carmel was easy.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:21 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
We stayed at Saddle Mountain the week of Fourth of July 2013 in our 32 ft. Class A. It's a nice & peaceful campground with a nice pool. It's within walking distance to the River RV Park down below. That one was quite nice as well. Both are quite secluded and away from traffic noise.

1996 Airstream Cutter '32 Pusher on a Freightliner X-Line chassis, Cummins 12V 5.9 Turbo, Allison 6-speed. 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. toad.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmacs View Post
Leaning towards Carmel By The River, anyone been there ? 4.5 miles to Carmel.
Wife and I took a drive south on super bowl Sunday to scout out some campgrounds and this was the one we had high hopes for. Unfortunately, it was not as nice as we hoped. Privacy hedges separate the spots but they are small and really close together. One of the permanent residents eyeballed us pretty hard as we drove though which can be taken as good or bad. (We always check in at the office first) The one up the hill was nicer but didn't have any spaces big enough to accommodate our mh. Also near by and disappointing was the Moss Landing KOA and all the ones in Big Sur.

I'm starting to wonder if we're too picky..
BJCSF2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Stayed at Carmel by the River a couple of weeks ago.
I generally take negative reviews with a grain of salt - I mean how tough can a road be.
We took the gps route short cut from 101 (I think) to the road leading to the camp ground - some 10% grades but doable
The bridge is new but the one way road in could be a problem if you are towing
Once in the campground I had difficulty maneuvering because of vehicles parked all over the place.
I should have checked but didn't get told to unhook at reception
I got hung up on the first right turn and had to unhook on the corner with the hitch buried deep into the bitumen. Even thou I had raised the end of the 45ft coach I did remove a healthy specimen of Tarmac
Finally arrived at site to find a wayward car in our spot. I could see the host standing at reception watching the steam coming out my ears.
By the way - take cash - the credit card rate is $5 dearer.
Given the undulating terrain in this campground 40ft is stretching the friendship and 45 ft will test most.