Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Reviews for fqrv ( french quarter rv resort) new orleans

Has anyone stayed here and is it safe, I have a reservation for the week of mArdi gras and part of it will be in the camp and the remainder in their over flow ( dry docking in lot across from the camp). Am a little scared as I have heard the French quarter tone a bad area and am just trying to get some real evidence from anyone that might have been there. Thanks Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #2

We have a condo in New Orleans and have also stayed at this resort in our motorhome. We would not walk anywhere from this campground. If you do, you just have to be street smart. We have spoken to several people who have stayed there and who have walked everywhere and we were amazed. I think if you live in a city and you know a city you are just a little bit more cautious. We have spoken to people from Chicago who were amazed that we walked in different areas in that city.

2013 Newmar Ventana 4346
msy4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cool Review

Go to this link at RVparkreview to read other people's reports on this resort.

New Orleans (Louisiana ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews

Save this to your favorites list for future use.
Reviews of RV Parks and Campgrounds - RV Park Reviews

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
We have stayed there twice for 4-5 days each time. It is a great in-city
place to stay. In the daytime we walk right to the French quarter, about
two blocks. In the nighttime, we always take taxicabs. Like all cities,
including Harrisburg, you have areas into which you should not venture,
especially at night. FQRV is safe and secure, with 24hr security and
a tall wall around the entire place. I rate it
a 10+ for what it is, it's not a campground.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've been there four times for several days at a time.

The first time we were apprehensive due to a few people on here claiming we would be killed, maimed or whatever.

We never had a problem and have walked to the downtown from there.

We will always stay there when in that area.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #6

Clair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
Has anyone stayed here and is it safe, I have a reservation for the week of mArdi gras and part of it will be in the camp and the remainder in their over flow ( dry docking in lot across from the camp). Am a little scared as I have heard the French quarter tone a bad area and am just trying to get some real evidence from anyone that might have been there. Thanks Jim
Hi Jim, we stayed there last year in early April, we had to stay in the lot across the street. We were cautous but the police station is just up the street so we felt secure. I definitely wouldn't leave anything out. Also the police told us not to walk from the lot the FQ but it is just up the street. The first night we took a taxi back but the next night we waliked and no problem.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #7

We have been going to FQRV for 5 years....we are headed there next week. Safe inside the grounds for sure. We ride our bikes to the French Quarter "in the daytime". Not sure I would want my belongings in the parking lots outside the gates tho. Basketball courts right out the gate and a lot of young traffic around.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #8

We were there last August and had no issues or concerns about the area. We walked to the quarter day and night. There is a police station almost across the street. The park itself is very secure, not aware that they had an overflow area... I assume they would have a guard posted 24 hrs/day in that overflow area. . ... I would check on that
Old 01-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
FQRV

We stay there 3 - 4 times a year & have never had any bad experiences. There is no actual overflow parking related to the RV park, just a large unguarded parking lot outside the gates. You can walk/bike to the French Quarter safely, just need to be aware of your surroundings, no different than any other large city.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am not to concerned about me walking, I go to big city's all the time pluse there is going to be at least 4 of us. My concern was with the safety of the unit, I will have bikes locked onto the back of the jeep and just concerned about crime I guess. In other words when I go into town for the day/evening will I come back to my coach being broken into or is it fine. I know crime can happen any where but am concerned since I read a lot of reviews about the fq saying it is full of crime
Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
We are currently staying in the Jude Travel Park in New Orleans on the East side just off Rt-10.
JUDE TRAVEL PARK OF NEW ORLEANS
It is very reasonably priced approx. $30/night for a week. Close but very comfortable and safe. Marla the owner is very informative and lots of personal information on sights and travel in the area including safe areas to park in the French Quarter. Very welcoming park. I would recommend to all. Big rigs are tight but will fit. You can very easily reach the French Quarter and other sights form the park.

Safe travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #12

Fqrv is a great and safe place to stay. Probably been there over a dozen times in the past 16 months and never had an issue. Have no concerns walking to the french quarter and have done so day and night. However cabs are cheap and humidity is high so it makes the choice easy sometimes. I plan on being there in the next couple of weeks again. Ponchatrain Landing is another park just a short drive from the french quarter. It's come a long way since opening after Katrina. Nice pull throughs, friendly staff and a quaint little bar. So there are other choices other than FQRV, but it is a top rv park.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #13
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the info. Planning on New Orleans in 2015. Haven't been there in 30 years.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #14

Be sure to fast for at least a week prior to arrival and that way you want miss out on any of the wonderful food.