Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #1

Rock Crusher Canyon formerly Elite Resort-Crystal River, FL

To read the history of the past 2 years of Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park (most recently Elite Resort at Crystal River (Florida), you should read the earlier thread in this forum. A quick update is "Ownership of the former Rock Crusher R.V. Park, which was sold two years ago to Crystal River Park Investors LLC to become the Elite Resort at Crystal River — one of five campsites in the company’s chain — likely will soon revert to the lender and previous owner, Gulf To Lakes Associates, a company owned by Black Diamond developer Stan Olsen, when the foreclosure is finalized." We are one of the seven owners and I was camping in the campground last week when the "transfer" took place. The description on an earlier thread was accurate-Elite did remove equipment, wifi, washing machines, clubhouse contents (even the tv off the wall), tables, chairs and left several amenties used by owners and guests (pool, spa, wifi) inoperable. As owners, we were not told of Elite vacating the property as a result of court action until Saturday, 3/6. Court records which are public info, indicate court action to begin this process began in December 2009. Enough said about Elite-they are history. My purpose in this thread is to let the rv community know how impressed I have been with the action taken thus far by the original Rock Crusher Canyon (RCC) owners and those working with the receivers over the past week. First, the wifi in the clubhouse was brought back up and working the day after Elite left. The remainder of the park wifi will be brought up to it's former condition in phases. The pool and spa were operational as well almost immediately. Bath houses are being cleaned and supplies are being restocked. The laundry facilities are working. For all the seasonal campers and we owners, the actions taken to make things as normal as posible in such a short time was/is greatly appreciated. I expect the improvements to continue and have had verbal conversations to that effect with folks working with the receivers. Seasonal campers, already convinced of the commitment by the RCC folks, are making plans to book sites for next season. For those of you looking for a state park atmoshere with trees etc, roomy sites, and with all the amenities (pool, spa, wifi, full hookups including cable), come join us. We'll make plans to gather at the "Freezer". Bottomline, you'll meet some of the friendliest folks around.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #2

Having been an owner in another Elite Park, I have watched how they can destroy a great park and dramatically take advantage of the owners of sites. Luckily, we got out before it got too bad. Glad the former owners are back. We camped there before Elite got involved and it was a great, clean park. Sounds like it is getting restored to it's former condition.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Jeff,
I think RCC will be just fine. We left on the 8th to head north and was quite surprised to find no wifi that morning. If the park returns to it's old ways, thats good. We had always been treated quite well by the "old" staff and owners.
As an aside, we were talking to one of the ladies that morning and she explained that they were no longer retained to keep the rest rooms cleaned but they had talked among themselves and were still going to clean the rooms until things got settled.
And that's the type of folks that are at RCC and why we plan to be back next February. Hope all turns well with your lot.

Bill
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We have always enjoyed camping at RCC in the past. I would hope that if we find our way down there again that we can stop in and visit.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #5

Small World

WOW we were just planning today to make a reservation for after April 15th when Passport is reinstated after the end of the "snow bird" season.

Guess we will now have to call, find a new phone number first, and see what the RC rates will be and if they even take Passport.

We have been "regular weekenders" at this campground for the past year and a half, it is a short drive from home and they are very pet friendly and we bring our two dogs along with us.

I feel for the employees having to go thru this transition, this economy sure is crazy and we found many of the staff to be very friendly and always spoke to us by name and they even remember our pets names!

It is a gorgeous campground and they had made several improvements, put in a RV wash station, nice shuffleboard area, small dog park. But I can only imagine what the financial upkeep could be.

I am going to be selfish here and just hope that we can continue to stay here as we love the location and we have scouted out others in the area and this campground suits our needs the best.

Unfortunately we have not been able to visit the campground since New Year's weekend due to the high winter rates and no discounts accepted and this economy it is one thing to spend $35 for two nights to $85 so we have been staying home waiting for April 15th and now who knows!

We shall try and phone them on Sunday and see what's up if anyone has any current information. Our weekends away have been our life blood in this crazy economy and work environment.

We also feel for those who were considered "permanent" residents at the campground hope they are managing in this trying time.
Susan
Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
They are working on the website now. Phone numbers listed under RockCrusher Canyon.com

Bill
Old 03-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #7

I phoned RC on Sunday and spoke to one of the "regular" employees and things are going to work out just fine.

They hope to have a new manager this week and are working on getting things smoothed out.

It was nice to hear we will be able to continue enjoying our favorite weekend campground. Several of my coworkers also enjoy RCC.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new owners will continue to all RCC to be a Passport park!

Life is good!