Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #1

Any body have any experience with RPI, good, bad, indifferent let me know as I have a CG membership with RPI and have never used it. Just wondered what experiences others have had.

Terry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #2

Any body have any experience with RPI, good, bad, indifferent let me know as I have a CG membership with RPI and have never used it. Just wondered what experiences others have had.

Terry

Old 12-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #3

We had RPI for two years and used it twice which makes for expensive camping! I'm sure it depends on how you travel. We use Passport America when we are traveling from one place to another as the parks are easy to locate on a map and they usually have a spot. Its about the same price as RPI. Then we go to our destination park which many times is way more expensive than RPI but it's the location or event that we want to go to.

We found RPI to be more effort than it was worth. It took a little time to decide if the park was near your travel route. Most of them are in places we never seem to get close to. Then you needed a reservation that you can only do by phone. If we are making reservations we prefer an Internet site like the one that Thousand trails has. The other problem was that you are restricted from going to parks that are a certain distance from your home park. We had no idea where our home park was until we tried to make a reservation. The location of our designated home park made it so that we could not visit several of the parks we would have want to stay at.

We dropped RPI as we didn't think it was worth the effort. However, I'm sure it works better for other people.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #4

We have had RPI for 4 years and used it many times, especially along the Oregon coast. However, RPI is changing their 125 mile rule for 2006 and this will prevent you from using their campgrounds within 125 miles of your home address, unless you have their Prefered program. Because of this change, I think we will be dropping them when our membership renewal comes.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies, we have Western Horizons, CRA, Coast to Coast Deluxe and Passport America in addition to RPI, just hadn't used the RPI as hadn't been anywhere that the others didn't cover.

Thanks Again
Terry
Old 12-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We are also considering dropping RPI due to the changes in the 125 mile rule. When we joined the 125 mile rule was from your home park, now it will be from your home address. This effectively removes almost every park within a decent driving distance for a weekend trip. I already discussed my dissatisfaction with this change with Sunrise Resorts who we purchased through and they basically said tough. Although we really like the Sunrise parks one of the selling points was the RPI membership. Now it is hardly worth anything for us due to the change since we are not retired and camp mostly on weekends.

bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote