Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Campground in Key West

Can anyone recommend a nice RV campground with full hookup in or very near Key West?

Thanks,

Larry
PushedAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Boyd's on Stock Island is the closest I believe.
mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
mrv8outboard is correct. If you are retired military or DOD, the campground at Sigsbee, NAS Key West is actually in Key West. We camped there for nearly 3 months earlier this year. Other than that, Boyd's is just north of KW on Stock Island. It is a nice campground but pricey and you need reservations in advance for the winter season.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Might want to look at Blue Water Key just 14 miles north of KW. One of the nicest we've stayed at.
Angler3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for all of the replies. I am thinking about a trip back down there this winter and I guess that I should consider buying a cheap tow-behind so that I can get around a little more.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Larry & Cheryl:

Hi from the Black Hills of South Dakota.......BUT......will soon migrate down to our winter "digs" in Florida. We live full time in our MH (7 yrs. now) and have been down on the Keys a number of times. At least for our style, we surely find having a tow vehicle a big advantage, but, everyone has different preferences. For visiting the Keys, we think it's almost a MUST HAVE since moving around in a motorhome isn't what ya want to do down there.

Now, if ya can't use the family-camp (military camp), then Boyd's is probably a good spot for your Allegro....IF ya can get in (availability). Next best would probably be Blue Water Key and although very pricey, it's worth it...but...DO have a tow vehicle to poke around with. Then if not Blue Water,...check out Sunshine Key, also has convenient access to Key West.

We're going to be at a Newmar Kountry Klub rally on Sunshine Key during the first part of Dec. and since it's starting to get kinda "nippy" in the mornings up here in the beautiful Black Hills, we're starting to look forward to headin her to warmer climates. Maybe we'll run into you folks down there.

Steve & Lynette
Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #7

Larry, send a message to RVThere, they go every year.

Here is his profile. Click here
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #8

Wow! A towed vehicle would be most welcomed anywhere in Florida. I really can't imagine not having one for siteseeing and shopping with all the traffic. We couldn't do all the great things we do in any state without a towed vehicle. Do consider it. ....just our opinion. Have a good trip!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #9

We stayed at Blue Water Key last March, great resort! You will need some sort of transportation....but there are several rentacar companies. Enterprise will deliver one to you. There are plenty of taxis, but it would be pricey to take one everywhere. There's a nice shuttle that stops right outside the blue water gate, and there are several stops in Key West. Perfect for day trips provided you pay attention to pick up times, etc. I wouldn't want to do it at night, just cuz I don't know the place well at all, but during daylight hours it was great.used it to get the car back to rental company and back to blue water.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I know it's an old thread, but thanks to everyone for their replies. We did go to Boyd's the beginning of this month and it was great. Already rebooked for next February. Gonna stop over in Naples then as well.

Tags
campground