Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #1

Hello would like to rv camp in Myrtle beach NC. for a little break in March close to the beach any recomendations thanks.
N6560J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #2

Hello would like to rv camp in Myrtle beach NC. for a little break in March close to the beach any recomendations thanks.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #3

sorry SC.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
there's lot.'s of them there's two state park's there's ocean lake's resort,pirite land c/g the koa. the koa is about 1 block from the beach
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ocean Lakes is our favorite in Myrtle Beach. It is a large RV park with plenty of features (indoor pool), etc. Many sites have concrete pads and you pretty much have a full view of the ocean. We will be there March 1 - 5 and there were several ocean front sites available during that time.

In North Myrtle Beach, folks seem to like Myrtle Beach Travel Park.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We usually stay at either Ocean Lakes or Lakewood the two campgrounds are next to each other.We have stayed at Pirateland three times in off season to visit family as we can stay there 2 nights half price with Camp Club USA membership card.The views of the ocean are from the path between the dunes or maybe from inside your rv as they as well as Pirateland have high dunes.
Do you have kids? Are you interested in seeing some shows or just hanging out at the beach?

Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #7

Ocean Lakes sound like the place thanks all.I do have a 15 year old girl and I would like to hang out, but she will not have that.This will be the first RV family trip and I am not pulling a car so we will need to walk. Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #8

We always use OceanLakes or Lakewood (right next to each other). I like Lakewood if i can get a site on one of the ponds. Oceanlakes is busier because they allow you to bring your own golf cart but Lakewood only allows you to rent from them so in the summer OceanLakes gets pretty busy with golf carts. If you can't get a site on a pond at Lakewood I don't like the sites as much because you back up to the site behind you. At Oceanlakes they are pull thru and you have roads on both sides (also easier to get into).
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N6560J:
Ocean Lakes sound like the place thanks all.I do have a 15 year old girl and I would like to hang out, but she will not have that.This will be the first RV family trip and I am not pulling a car so we will need to walk. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you won't have a car with you and want to be within walking distance of several restaurants, shops, and the Alabama Theater, you might want to consider Briarcliff RV resort in North Myrtle. That would put you next to Barefoot Landing but you will not be on the ocean.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #10

I think rental car companies will either diliver or pick you up from both OceanLakes and Lakewood if you want a car for a day or so. Ask the front office.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #11
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey N6560J, I have stayed at Ocean Lakes both in the summer and off season and would go back there anytime ! I also agree with jayco304 that you can get a car droped off to you at the campground! When you call a campground to make a reservation you can ask them about rental cars, they will know who services there campground! Best of luck where ever you end up !!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #12

Thank you all this is a great help good stuff!!
We will give it a shot just need warmer temps.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:46 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
N6560J Welcome to IRV2!!!!

I have stayed at all three of the campgrounds in a row, Pirateland, Lakewood, Ocean Lakes. I have to say Ocena Lakes has been my favorite, they are constantly updating something, amd it is well maintained.

They will drop off cars if needed. They also rent golf carts if you need to get around the park, and trust me they are big parks, I usullay get a cart, kids loved cruising at night!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote