Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #1

RV lots for sale in Nw Indiana or S. Michigan

I am a noob RV owner and I am looking for some place to park it and visit it when I can. Any advise to owning, leasing or renting sites.

I have a 1985 Fleetwood that needs some TLC. I bought it for $1500 and it runs great and everything works. It is just out of date, which I can re do. But never owning an Rv and facing no Driveway to speak of, I am looking for somewhere I can park it and enjoy it.

Any tips or help would be great. I am in Northwest Indiana so I am looking there abs Southern Michigan. Just to get my feet wet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R H Trent View Post
I am a noob RV owner and I am looking for some place to park it and visit it when I can. Any advise to owning, leasing or renting sites.

I have a 1985 Fleetwood that needs some TLC. I bought it for $1500 and it runs great and everything works. It is just out of date, which I can re do. But never owning an Rv and facing no Driveway to speak of, I am looking for somewhere I can park it and enjoy it.

Any tips or help would be great. I am in Northwest Indiana so I am looking there abs Southern Michigan. Just to get my feet wet.

you gotta learn to winterize for sure.

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi R H Trent,
Welcome to iRV2. To begin your search, go to rvparkstore.com If that does not provide what you need, Google "rv lot for sale XXXXX" The XXXXX is for you to fill in the state name.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by R H Trent View Post

there is a nice little RV condo park in South Haven MI that sells lots. We stayed there for a weekend a couple of years ago. Nice little lake; big sites; nice pool and clubhouse; activities; etc. Good luck and welcome to RVing.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #5

Any advise to weather to own rent or lease?

My only reservation is not knowing anything about RVing. All the noob things like troubles while I am out using it and how to fix them. How to use everything like leveling, pumps, grey water and fresh water ect. I have read all about these things and I get it.

That and the thing is 30 years old. Not sure what to expect.

Sorry, just kinda went south on yeah. Excited and worried, I am a noob.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #6

Thank you everyone for all you help.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:02 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi R H Trent,
Based on the information you have provided, rent first. The season is about to end in your part of the country. Find a place the coach will be safe. Get a 1 year lease. Use the coach until it gets cold. Winterize the coach and put it to sleep for the winter. Make sure it remains connected to shore power. Make sure to check on the coach every now and then, throughout the winter. Come spring, begin to enjoy the coach and the community where you rent. After a season in this community, you will have a good idea if the coach and this community fit your needs. If so, think about purchase. If not, start the process over again.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:42 PM   #8

Thank you Gary, that is a great idea. I will do just that. Thank you.

I look forward to more conversation with every one in the future.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many campgrounds have storage lots.. I know both Michigan Outdoor Adventure and Thousand Trails parks (membership) parks in Michigan have Storage..

Near Homer Mi there is (or used to be) a RV park of the "Buy the lot" type.

And there is one near coldwater (Crawford RV park) that has storage and one in Tekonsha (Just north of Coldwater) as well.. Do not know the name, Do know the owners. Only been there once but not with an RV. But most all the campgrounds have storage lots.

Plus many of the "Storage" places (you know where you can rent a 10x10 or 10x20 or 10 by 40 room.. The last of which can store an RV) have RV storage lots.

Just remember.. The storage lot will make you sign a hold harmless (We are not responsible for theft or damage). This can be a problem.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #10

I think you are referring to Sunny Brook. That would be a non-starter for the 1985 model. The RV needs to be less than 10 years old.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
there is a nice little RV condo park in South Haven MI that sells lots. We stayed there for a weekend a couple of years ago. Nice little lake; big sites; nice pool and clubhouse; activities; etc. Good luck and welcome to RVing.
I think you are referring to Sunny Brook. Very nice place, but the RV needs to be less than 10 years old, along with a host of other restrictions. They do have some nice lots for around $80k.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #12

I camp in North West Ohio from April 15 to October 15 nothing fancy owner lets about anyone in. You can stay 1 day or the full 6 months for $700.00 includes electric with your air conditioning running 24/7
Old 09-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieyoder View Post
I camp in North West Ohio from April 15 to October 15 nothing fancy owner lets about anyone in. You can stay 1 day or the full 6 months for $700.00 includes electric with your air conditioning running 24/7
Also you can leave your camper there year round for that price.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:39 AM   #14

$700 for the full 6 month with electric furnished?? That would be cheap !!

Russell

Tags
sale