Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2017, 07:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Park Assessment: A Linked Post

Hello all,

We are currently on a big adventure, at least for us, as a "Retirement" present to a friend of ours. I have started a blog, you can find here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/blogs/57223-koolbell.html

I thought I should add this post, and link it with our blog, to better share each RV Park and our view of those after each stay.

Let me preface this review with these notes: Our rig is a 2012 Winnebago Journey 36M. It's about 38 feet long. We tow a 2014 Honda CR-V. Our companions are in a Winnebago Vista 36BH and are not towing. We use two laptops, or our iPhones for access to WiFi.

1.) Capital City RV Park
Montgomery, AL
This park is conveniently located between Wetumpka, and Montgomery along side the Tallapoosa River. The owners are friendly, and always gracious. The lots are level, and the WiFi is fair to good. We have satellite TV so I have no idea how good the cable is.

2.) Riverbend Campground
Pigeon Forge, TN
The people who run the place are very friendly. The sites are a little tight, but not at all a problem. The WiFi was weak, and dropped out at times.
Cable TV is a must amongst all the trees and mountains. It is excellent here.

3.) Grand Ole' RV Resort
Goodlettsville, TN
Resort may be stretching it here, although we have not met a more friendly staff. Gravel roads, and less than level lots are not resort like.

Beautiful smiles, and warm southern charm greets you as you check in. The WiFi is spotty at best. There isn't a cable option. The site we stayed in, had trouble draining the sewage. Our companions however, did not.

4.) Graceland RV Park
Memphis, TN
Not at all what I had hoped for. Especially considering the website, and you know, GRACELAND! But not terrible by any means. WiFi is not good at all. Cable is available.

I'll add additional reviews in the comments section as we travel.

Your comments, and or suggestions are appreciated.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #2

Hi, I suggest you come up with a standardized set of categories, and rate the parks on a 1-5 star system. Then add specific comments, this will make it easier to compare the parks when the list gets longer.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't Forget...

RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

An Excellent, Convenient and Easy way to leave (and receive) accurate campground reports.
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote