Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Park, I-95 near NC/SC border

We will be heading to MB late next week from Richmond, VA and may want to stop over before we get there. I seem to remember a really nice RV park that can be seen from I-95 (on the left if heading south) somewhere in NC before you get to Lumberton but cannot remember just where. Can anyone help me ID that particular RV park? I was thinking maybe the one in Roanoke Rapids but I thought it was more south of that location.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 06:54 PM   #2

There is a KOA in that area north of Fayetteville, Smithfield KOA. But as I confirm this info, I'm getting a note saying this place has closed.

RVacation Campground
428 Campground Rd, Selma, NC 27576 ‎(919) 965-5923.You'll see this one on the left as you travel south. Never been there but looks like a nice place from the highway.
Sleepy Bears RV Park
465 Kenric Dr, Lumberton, NC 28360 ‎(910) 739-4372 ‎This one is south of Fayetteville and may be closer to where you would want to stop before heading into South Carolina. I haven't used this one either so all I have to go by is the reviews.dtw
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rvacation is the one on the left of I95 located in Selma NC. Very nice people that own this place. Helped me with a tow problem when I was there for one night.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #4

Crossroads is nice for an overnight stay.....And RV Vacation something is right on 95...
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
Rvacation is the one on the left of I95 located in Selma NC. Very nice people that own this place. Helped me with a tow problem when I was there for one night.
OK, that must be it since I always note to DW how nice it looks.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #6

In my opinion, the best one along I-95 in NC is RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads at Roanoke Rapids - RV Resort @ Carolina Crossroads . The park is in good condition, very nice owners, good rates, and easy on and off.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Rv vacation is a good stop. It's very clean,has wide sites, big rig friendly, also near outlets, good restaurants, and a place called JRs a unique discount store.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #8

The Smithfield koa is now a private campground and is open I think same phone numbers
Ocean bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #9

Rvacation, nice stop at Selma, another cg a few miles south at four oaks exit,was koa,now private, not as good as rvacation, there is another one at wade/steadman exit,was koa now private, its better than four oaks. There is one at south of the border,at sc state line, center lots are good, outside lots not so good, I could not fit after reserving and had to leave. LOL
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
We are at RVacation and it is a nice park. Clean and level, nice folks at the office. They do have some pretty aggressive NC mosquitoes though .

Thanks for the tips.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #11

Just a note: An easy way to locate campgrounds is to Google: "RV parks near (type in town). That will get you a listing and you can then check them out on: campgroundreviews.com.
Lowhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #12

There was a KOA just north of Fayetteville in Wade, NC. It is now called Fayetteville RV Park. When it was a KOA, it was very nice.
VitaInVia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowhorn View Post
Just a note: An easy way to locate campgrounds is to Google: "RV parks near (type in town). That will get you a listing and you can then check them out on: campgroundreviews.com.
Another good site to check is RV Parky | RV Parks & Campgrounds Directory, Reviews, Photos You can then put it a city and it willl give you all the RV Parks as well as Rest Areas, Stores (Wal-mart, Cabela's), Fuel (/PilotFlying J, TA). They usually don't have many if any reviews but then you can go to Reviews of RV Parks and Campgrounds - RV Park Reviews for more information.
jsetti is offline   Reply With Quote