Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

RV Park - Los Angeles Area En Route to Del Mar

I searched, but since you can't search by LA, it's a bit difficult to get results.

I'm heading from Tahoe to Del Mar in a few weeks. I have some stuff I need to do in LA, all over really, so I'm trying to figure out a relatively central location that I can park the MH.

I'll have my dogs with me, and need 50A.

Any recommendations for LA that would be decent, central, and safe?

Also, Del Mar area (San Diego) would be great too!

Thank you!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 02:27 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Can't help you with LA, but as for Del Mar, you could stay at the Fairgrounds which is adequate. Nothing fancy, but it is safe and close to the freeway, restaurants, etc. They do not have sewer, but they do provide honey bucket service which was included in the campground fee.

We stayed there a few days and enjoyed our stay. If you choose this location call and reserve as early as possible in order to get a site.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
Can't help you with LA, but as for Del Mar, you could stay at the Fairgrounds which is adequate. Nothing fancy, but it is safe and close to the freeway, restaurants, etc. They do not have sewer, but they do provide honey bucket service which was included in the campground fee.

We stayed there a few days and enjoyed our stay. If you choose this location call and reserve as early as possible in order to get a site.
Thank you ! We are going to be at the race track, so that should be perfect!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Just make sure you call early and reserve as the SD area is very popular. Have fun!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #5

Where in LA exactly? It's collectively a very large area.

If you're talking about the city itself, there are only a couple that may work, if you have a LARGE rig you maybe out of luck.
Dockweiler, right next to LAX (read LOUD) is right on the beach. Just north, I think in Burbank, there's another, but it's a pretty tight fit. Both will probably have limited spaces available.

There are several near Disneyland that should fit larger rigs and should have availability.

Also Long Beach downtown has a highly rated one, but it's smaller and we've never been able to get a reservation.

If you're going to be further inland there are a few, one in San Dimas, another near Yorba Linda that is more of a park like setting. We stayed there and it was nice.

Check out RV Park Reviews, their desk/lap- top website map will give you a good idea where they are all located.

Enjoy the trip!

Tom
Old 09-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #6

RV Park - Los Angeles Area En Route to Del Mar

In the L.A. Area you could try Anaheim area around Disney.

Also you could try the allstays app or allstays.com. I know there's also a campground in Long Beach near the Queen Mary/Spruce Goose.
tjwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
In the L.A. Area you could try Anaheim area around Disney.

Also you could try the allstays app or allstays.com. I know there's also a campground in Long Beach near the Queen Mary/Spruce Goose.
That park by the Queen Mary at the port of Long Beach is Golden Shores RV park. Have a small dog park area and nearby public areas outside the park to walk dogs, big public dog park about 4 blocks away. Well kept RV park-- a little tight but well maintained and landscaped. Very much an urban park but one of the better ones we've stayed at. We're there now.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
There is a KOA in Pomona next to the Fairplex.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
If you are South of LA,Newport Dunes is right on the PCH in Newport Beach.. I have lived there for 4 years. Tom 07 Pacifica
Old 09-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #10

Thanks ALL! I'll check these out. We've stayed at the one by DL in Anaheim, it's a nice place, and this is a down time at the parks, so that's a viable idea. Maybe I can sneak over to DL for the day too! ;->
Old 10-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #11

Check out East Shore RV in San Dimas!