RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2019, 06:59 AM   #1

RV park near MD Anderson Hospital

I need to take my RV near MD Anderson in Houston for my daughter to stay in while she waits on her husband's treatments.
Any reccomendations?

edmyers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmyers5 View Post
I need to take my RV near MD Anderson in Houston for my daughter to stay in while she waits on her husband's treatments.
Any reccomendations?
many hospitals are now more accommodating to rv'ers. i'd call the hospital and ask if boondocking is available.some hospitals are even doing free wifi for patients and guests. depending on how long you need the hospital maybe you can stay there the entire time or use it while you scout for a rv park.

turnleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't recall the name but there is a very nice park south of MDA on Main. They have a shuttle to the Medical Center as well. Call the MDA concierge office and they can connect you. Forget boondocking, parking at the hospital is a madhouse. MDA is amazing!
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:10 AM   #4

Thanks for that information. They will need hookups as this looks like long term. I had heard of some boondocking, but she couldn't handle that.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All Star RV Resort, 13 miles from MDA
Advanced RV Resort, 10 miles from MDA
Lakeview RV Resort, 5 miles from MDA
Southlake RV Resort, 9 miles from MDA
South Main RV Park, 4 miles from MDA

Those are a few that are close. Look on campgroundreviews.com for reviews. We live 40 miles South of Houston. We have only stayed at Advanced RV Park for a rally. It would be more than adequate for your needs.

If you need information on anything else in the area, give a holler by PM or Email and I'll see what I can drum up.

p.s., South Main RV Park has a shuttle to MDA which is a plus.

Advanced RV is at the intersection of Beltway 8 and Hwy 288. Hwy 288 is a main hwy into the city and during rush hour traffic can really slow down. Getting in to Advanced from 288 is easy, getting on to 288 from Advanced is about 2 miles on the feeder road and a u-tune on to the opposite feeder road. (Feeder Road in our part of Texas is synonymous with Service Road or Frontage Road in other places - stands to reason as it feeds the freeway)
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #6

We stayed at Lakeview when we visited Houston and I believe on their website they mention being the closest to MD Anderson. Nice gated park, a lot of long term residents, but very well maintained. Rather confusing to get to, but we worked it out after a few times out.

They also mention a shuttle to MD Anderson.

https://www.qualityrvresorts.com/des...oaAt0MEALw_wcB
Old 10-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ed, have you decided where you are going to stay?
Where will you be coming from?
Old 10-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #8

Will be coming from Longview. They are going down Monday and we will follow depending on what they find out.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
No easy way to bypass Houston coming from Longview. Looks like I-69 (US-59) and 288 are the easiest. If at all possible, and depending on appointment, try to do it after 9 a.m. and before 11:30 a.m to beat rush hour and lunch time traffic. After noon would between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Let us know if you need any info.