Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
I've been trying to find an RV Park and/or campground near Oldsmar, FL. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any information you can share.

Menomonee Falls, WI
Granny Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
I've been trying to find an RV Park and/or campground near Oldsmar, FL. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any information you can share.

Menomonee Falls, WI
Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Have you considered Bay Bayou RV Resort?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Richard gave you the closest CG. There are several West of Oldsmar, near the gulf. They are:
1. Dunedin RV Resort 727-784-3719
2. Caladesi RV Park 727-784-3622
3. Bay Aire RV Park 727-784-4082
4. Clearwater Tarpon Springs KOA 727-937-8412
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:13 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will check them out. Have either of you camped at these parks?

Menomonee Falls, WI
Old 01-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
No, I haven't camped there.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
No, I have not stayed in the CGs mentioned in my post. Except for Richard's suggestion, there isn't much in the area.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Bob & Tyke: G'Morning from Tucson. Was poking around and stumbled onto your inquiry about camping near Oldsmar. We have wintered the last two years in Bay Bayou in Oldsmar, and just love the place!! (Hitchhiker posted the Bay Bayou link above so I won't), but take a look at it. It's a VERY comfortable, VERY clean park and we think the location is great as you can easily access Tampa to the East or Clearwater/St.Petersburg and Tarpon Springs (all on the Gulf) to the West. IF ya go there, be sure to try the oriental food at a hole in the wall take out place a block or two from the park called ..Cyber-Takee-Outee.. It was ranked No. 1 and 2 in the Tampa area for oriental and the food is absolutely WONDERFUL. Have fun. Steve & Lynette
Old 01-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Steve and Lynette. I will definitely look into it. Also want you to know that I forwarded the information about the restaurant you mentioned to my friends who have a place in Oldsmar...just in case they haven't already tried the place.

Are you enjoying Tucson? We spent 6 weeks in Mesa, AZ several years ago. The park was great, had loads of activites....very seldom left the park.

Wisconsin is just too cold....have to get out of here.

Menomonee Falls, WI
Old 01-17-2008, 04:07 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Bob & Tyke: Well...this Tucson area is kinda fun, BUT!!!...we now think it'll be "back to Florida"... next winter. It's just TOO DARNED COLD here for our liking. I really long for those comfortable evenings sitting in my lawn chair in Bay Bayou, playing my harmonica and watching the moon rise over the palms. Evenings here are 17 - upper 20's and if there's a wind...well...there's no enjoying the outdoors. Daytimes are o.k. and very nice in the 60's - 70's but until about 10 a.m. and after about 5 p.m., it's not enjoyable being outside. Hope your friends in Oldsmar like Cyber-Takee-Outee. I'll bet they've already heard about it. Oh, also if ya haven't been there, take a drive out to Ft. Desoto park on the S. end of St. Petersburg. Great beaches, bike trails, racoons, etc. Enjoy the Florida WARMTH for us..o.k....ha! Steve & Lynette
Old 05-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #11

I came to this page looking for info on Bay Bayou, as we are just about to move to that park this weekend, and I appreciate the info. However, since people were asking about parks near Oldsmar, I thought I would mention one which is not too far from there which I did not see in the other links. It is Clearwater Travel RV Resort, www.clearwatertravelrvresort.com. We have been here for the past six months. The location is very convenient to shopping and such, and the rates were more reasonable than others nearby during the winter months. It has the usual base facitlites, including a pool, two laundries, a club house with activities, etc.

You might ask why we are moving. The summer rates are not as competetive. Also, the park has changed managers a few times over the past years, and is going through yet another change. The new management seems to prefer short term guests, not long term rentals, such as we are in staying for several months. The new management company's experience is with trailer parks, not RV parks, so they also have some new rules with which we were not happy, such as asking us to remove a portable pet run we had for our teacup poodle. Bay Bayou, to which we are moving, seems significantly more pet friendly.

I would recommend Clearwater Travel RV Resort if you are looking for a place for a short time, less than a month, and wish to be be very close in. It is close to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport, and just off state route 60 so you can take a right and be at the Gulf beaches in six miles, or a left and quickly be in Tampa by going over the causeway across the bay. Downtown St. Petersburg is also close either via US 19 (half a mile west) or McMullen-Booth (two blocks east).

If you are arriving it is very easy to miss the resort. The main entrance is on Gulf To Bay Boulevard, between two motels (Days Inn and some other). Literally it seems you are going through the Days Inn parking lot, so it is easy to miss. There is a back entrance off a side street, but the gate is not always open. Look for the Days Inn signage.

One other thing to consider is that there are no pull through spaces as such, so it can be very tight for a longer unit. Also most of the spaces have little or no shade. Most of those which do have shade are in the north east corner of the park (#36-#41), so ask about them when you call to reserve.
Gardoglee is offline   Reply With Quote