Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2017, 06:54 AM   #1

RV Park Near Rowlett, TX

We want to visit family that live in Rowlett, TX over the Christmas/New Year period. Rowlett is in the NE area of Dallas, on the west side of Lake Ray Hubbard.
We've stayed at a couple of COE parks around Lake Lavon but the one we like, Clear Lake, isn't open during winter months. Lavonia is hard to impossible to get level in most sites and the others have water and electric but no sewage, which is a requirement for us.
Any info about FHU RV parks within a reasonable driving distance (preferably east) from Rowlett is greatly appreciated.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2017, 06:04 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
Just in case you're not familiar with RV Park Reviews:

Reviews:Texas Campground Reviews - The Best of Texas Camping - RV Park Reviews
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:20 AM   #3

Thanks but I asked the question because there really isn't any info about the many other parks in the area. I know where they are but don't have any first hand info.
The website doesn't even include two of the COE parks I do know about. It also include a propane company but I'm not sure why.
I may have to send some of the family out on a scouting mission.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH12 View Post
Thanks but I asked the question because there really isn't any info about the many other parks in the area. I know where they are but don't have any first hand info.
The website doesn't even include two of the COE parks I do know about. It also include a propane company but I'm not sure why.
I may have to send some of the family out on a scouting mission.
Here is a list of 20 or so parks and their ratings within 25mi of Dallas that might be of help.

Rowlett, TX Campground Reviews - Best of Rowlett Camping - RV Park Reviews
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH12 View Post
We want to visit family that live in Rowlett, TX over the Christmas/New Year period. Rowlett is in the NE area of Dallas, on the west side of Lake Ray Hubbard.
We've stayed at a couple of COE parks around Lake Lavon but the one we like, Clear Lake, isn't open during winter months. Lavonia is hard to impossible to get level in most sites and the others have water and electric but no sewage, which is a requirement for us.
Any info about FHU RV parks within a reasonable driving distance (preferably east) from Rowlett is greatly appreciated.
We have family in Rowlett too. We've stayed at N. Dallas Campground in Caddo Mills and Bluebonnet Ridge in Terrell. Both are acceptable. Terrell is a little farther (on I-20) but Caddo Mills is closer (on I-30).
Hope these help....
Old 10-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldkarphart View Post
We have family in Rowlett too. We've stayed at N. Dallas Campground in Caddo Mills and Bluebonnet Ridge in Terrell. Both are acceptable. Terrell is a little farther (on I-20) but Caddo Mills is closer (on I-30).
Hope these help....
Thanks. I just reserved a site for a week at Dallas NE Campground in Caddo Mills. I looked at the Bluebonnet Ridge site but it backs right up to the interstate. It doesn't bother me but the wife doesn't care for too much noise.
Spoke with a lady named Barbara and she seems very nice.
We'll probably go out our normal I-10 - I-49 - I-20 route but I want to come back on US 82 for a more leisurely drive.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #7

We stay at Bluebonnet Ridge at least one month and sometimes two every year. It's very well run and well kept. Never tried Caddo Mills.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
We stay at Bluebonnet Ridge at least one month and sometimes two every year. It's very well run and well kept. Never tried Caddo Mills.
It looks like a very nice park from the website and looking at satellite views.
How was the interstate noise level?
We can always use a plan B in case Caddo Mills doesn't work out.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #9

You can hear it more when the wind is out of the south but it has never bothered us. Nice park and good people there. We are arriving there Saturday for a month, then headed to AZ for the winter. Happy travels.