Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #1

RV park with a nearby Marina NY/PA/NJ

Hello all
Does anyone know of an rv park that also has a marina for boating somewhere in the eastern PA , NY or NJ areas ?
Or even a nearby by marina might work. Since I can’t sell my newer boat and I have a new Coach, I guess at least we can still use the boat while at an rv park.

Thanks for any suggestions.
VEREN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2019, 02:39 AM   #2

How much money you got? Across from Manhattan in NJ near Ellis Island is Liberty Harbor RV park and across the street is Hudson Point marina. I haven't stayed at the RV park (basically a parking lot with water and elec $110+ tax)
But we stayed at the marina ($5 a foot in 2015) and cruised the waterways around NYC for 3 fantastic days. Well worth the $350 in marina fees (dockage, launch ramp and parking) we paid.
We will be staying at the RV park in mid August.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:42 AM   #3

Swan Bay RV park in NY on the St. Lawrence River , Association Island RV in NY on Lake Ontario.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:23 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We stayed here on 5/28/2019, a really nice park with marina and very friendly staff.

Arrowhead Marina & RV Park
2 Van Buren Ln., Schenectady, NY 12302

https://arrowheadmrvp.com/

Clay & Marcy
2004 Winnebago Adv. G35U
, 1995 Tracker Toad, RVI3, eeZRV, Garmin RV 770 LMT-S, Viair
CEParosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEParosa View Post
We stayed here on 5/28/2019, a really nice park with marina and very friendly staff.

I didn't mention that one because it was much farther north. I lived in that area for a number of years and used to launch at that marina occasionally. For years it was getting kinda rundown but in recent years they have been steadliy improving it
Old 07-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #6

Arrowhead looks good. It’s about 2.5 hours from Morris county NJ which is not terrible. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #7

X2...(or is it X3 now) on Arrowhead. We stayed there for a few days while back east (we are west coast based) in 2016.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEREN View Post
Hello all
Does anyone know of an rv park that also has a marina for boating somewhere in the eastern PA , NY or NJ areas ?
Or even a nearby by marina might work. Since I can’t sell my newer boat and I have a new Coach, I guess at least we can still use the boat while at an rv park.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Like This?

https://www.swanbayresort.com/rvsites
Old 07-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Wellesley Island State Park...nice marina and rv sites. In the Thousand Islands upstate New York!
Old 07-22-2019, 10:46 AM   #10

Campgrounds with marinas

There is a campground and marina along the NYS Barge Canal system in Ilion, NY. There are full hookups for both boats and campers. There is a grocery store (Aldis) within walking distance as well as a restaurant and laundromat. NYS has more campgrounds and marinas along the barge canal.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Beautiful, but 5 hours away from us in NJ
Thank you
Old 07-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #12

We booked Arrowhead for first week of August.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:22 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEParosa View Post

X2--nice place.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEREN View Post
We booked Arrowhead for first week of August.
Cool! Since you will be on the Erie Canal it will be a good idea to read up on how to use the canal and locks. Pay attention to the times they stop operating the locks. Lock 8 (just to the east of Arrohead) and lock 7 are open till 10pm in August. all the other locks stop operations at 5pm. The lock walls and guide cables are slimy you will definitely want to bring fenders and a couple of pair of cheap leather work gloves. Navigating the Canals - New York State Canals

East bound on the canal is the most popular boating area Between Locks 8 ,7 and lock 6 you have about 22 miles of water. A couple places to eat and drink on the canal are: The Lighthouse at Freemans Bridge and the Clamsteam Tavern at Cresent (past the I-87 Bridge)

West Bound is much less boat traffic. You will mostly encounter fishing boats and "Loopers". Next city to the west is Amsterdam. They have a nice city dock and a long pedestrian bridge over the train tracks into downtown, unfortunately there is very little to see or do downtown. Past Amsterdam to Canajoharie is IMO the prettiest section of the canal. Canjoharie has a nice public dock with a walkable downtown, several decent restaurants and pubs and a small but world renown art gallery. About a 35 mile run from Arrowhead. BTW past Arrowhead west bound there is no place to buy fuel on the water for about 50 miles