Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2015, 08:19 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
RV Parks around the San Francisco to San Jose area

Does anyone have a list of RV parks in the San Fricso, San Mateo, San Jose areas, I already know of Candlestick, and Coyote Valley, all I seem to be finding are south of San Jose - Morgan Hill area, we are moving there for work in the first week of August, A little about our equipment, we live in our 40 foot triple slide fifth wheel, and pull it with a FL-60 Freightliner, thanks everyone
JEEPOHOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #2

Check RVParky.com ... there are definitely a few, although I can't offer specific recommendations; however, if you end up in the park here in Sunnyvale, we can be neighbors (well, nearby...I like about 3/4 of a mile from the Aloha RV park).

Steve
Old 07-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
Check RVParky.com ... there are definitely a few, although I can't offer specific recommendations; however, if you end up in the park here in Sunnyvale, we can be neighbors (well, nearby...I like about 3/4 of a mile from the Aloha RV park).

Steve
Wow. I thought I knew them all but hadn't heard of Aloha. Will check it out.

We stay in the area twice a year, each for a month or longer. Two you haven't mentioned are Trailer Villa in Redwood City and San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica. There are also several smaller ones on the coast south of Pacifica.

We have settled on Trailer Villa. None is really great near SF. I am not sure why a really nice one couldn't survive and even flourish, but no one has built one of the really nice, often condo, parks up there.

At Trailer Villa you want to be in the newer, back section. It is on a salt marsh and the management is very nice.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi JEEPOHOLIC,
Look at SF RV resort at San Francisco RV Resort | Encore RV Parks & Campgrounds
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi JEEPOHOLIC,
Look at SF RV resort at San Francisco RV Resort | Encore RV Parks & Campgrounds
I've stayed here a couple of times and will be back in October for a week. What I like about this place is not only the view, but also it's only a short ride to the BART station (5 minutes away) that will take you into downtown SF.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #6

Coyote Valley RV Park in Morgan Hill is well located for Kathy and I when visiting the SF Bay Area . Nice park and great restaurant in the area.

Peter Collins
Woodland WA
2014 Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Parks around the San Francisco to San Jose area

I have a TT on a annual site at the Thousand Trails in Morgan Hill, used for when I work in the Bay Area. Not fancy, but peaceful and quite serviceable, and way cheaper than any other place I found in the area for long term stays. Morgan Hill is a very nice area. About 20-25 miles to San Jose / Santa Clara.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
Coyote Valley RV Park in Morgan Hill is well located for Kathy and I when visiting the SF Bay Area . Nice park and great restaurant in the area.

Peter Collins
Woodland WA
2014 Anthem 42DEQ
Except when we looked there they wouldn't let you reserve a particular spot. You get what they give you when you pull in. That is a non-starter as far as we are concerned. Too bad too because it is one of the nicer facilities in the area. I agree about Morgan Hill being a nice town, although my wife thinks it is too far away from everything and too small to stand on its own.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote