Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #1

RV Parks In Florida

We were thinking about spending a few months in the winter in Florida and were interested in some names and places that we could stay for about 2 months. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanace.
Phyllisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
last season we spent a couple weeks at frogcreek in bradenton fairprice,good location and a few organized activities ,will probably go back again in the spring
brianj
Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllisc View Post
We were thinking about spending a few months in the winter in Florida and were interested in some names and places that we could stay for about 2 months. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanace.
Phyllisc,
Lots of temperature/humidity variation between the panhandle (Pensacola/Tallahassee area), North Florida (Jacksonville) and South Florida (Miami).

Winters in the panhandle can see some pretty cool temps ...but certainly much milder than our neighbors to the North.

What is your temperature preference?
Jim
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
KOA in Sugarloaf Key. Once you cross that turquoise bridge from the mainland to Key Largo, it's a whole different world!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Phyllic,
Welcome to iRV2. I live in South Florida and do have my preferences. Before making any recommendations, please let us know:
1. How much do you want to spend per month on site rental?
2. Dirt, grass, gravel or paved pad/patio.
3. Near the Ocean or Gulf, or Orlando (theme parks).
4. Do you have any special needs or requests (ex. fishing, boat capability, diving)?
5. Metro, suburban or rural setting.

thanks,
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
You will want to let us know what two months you want to stay in FL. We have a lot for rent about an hour south of Orlando. It will be in use 12/15 thru 4/15 2011. Most of the nice parks get filled up after the holidays.

Dave
Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #7

We stayed at Frogcreek a couple of years. It is an OK park, there are a lot worse, and also a lot better. Wre would go back there. It is north of Palmetto, just north of Bradenton.
Al, Michigan.
Al, Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #8

We just want a place near activities, attractions with some activities at the park itself. Wanted to be near the ocean on either coast, need Wifi, cable TV and friendly people. Not sure what the prices are and if they go by the month. Don't want to pay over 900./mo if possible. I had heard you need to call a year in advance and could only stay a few weeks and they you had to move. Are these just rumors? Thanks for all your help.
I
Phyllisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Phyllisc,
Consider,
Olde Mill Stream, Umatilla 800-449-3141 (North of Orlando)

Crystal Isle RV Park, Crystal River 888-783-6763 (about an hour North of Tampa)

Encore Sunshine Holiday Daytona RV Park, Ormond Beach, 888-237-3211. About 10 miles North of Daytona Beach

About 11 million RVs go to Florida each winter. Whatever you do make reservations soon. The above CGs had a few vacancies last winter. I guess this is due to the economy.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #10

For $900/mo you can stay all winter at Ft. Myers, right on the beach. Whichever region of FL you choose, use RV Park Reviews :: Fort Myers, Florida ( FL ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews
to help narrow your choices of RV parks.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
For $900/mo you can stay all winter at Ft. Myers, right on the beach.
Really! I'm hard pressed to find anything less than $1K a month for Jan-Mar. And more on the beach.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
Really! I'm hard pressed to find anything less than $1K a month for Jan-Mar. And more on the beach.
Sorry, my definition of "right on the beach" is bicycling/walking distance, not looking out the window..
Fort Myers Campground and RV Resort, Fort Myers, FL - Wilder Corp. is $809/mo. That's just one. I got it from: http://www.rv-clubs.us/florida_rv_ca...html#Southwest
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #13

Wilder has about 9 CGs throughout Fla. I spent a month at Blue Parrot near the Villages last year, and was not impressed. I am not sure if all their CGs are of similar quality, but others I have talked to didn't have good things to say about them. JMO
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #14

The last time we were in Fla, Bradenton area, we went thru ALL RV parks in town and close areas. We would not return to any of them, With exceptions of one out east on 70 (I believe), we would go back to that one. Also 3 lakes, at Hudson was very nice.
We go to Az now, so don't need to use them anymore.
Al, Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote