Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
rv parks in southern texas

Looking to spend a couple of months this winter in southern texas. Any recommendations? Thanks Barb
bhover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
If your a member of Thousand Trails, the park at Lake Conroe is comfortable. It has a couple of issues the biggest is wifi sucks but the cost is the best and the people nice.

Here is a link to a free public park in Tomball, TX (Houston) that you can stay 7 days a month (have to be out 3 weeks). Great park very clean and secure. No wifi at all.
Harris County Precinct 4
CPO_Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I always suggest Green Caye RV Park in Dickinson, TX. At $370 a month for full hook-up, it is nice. Look them up.

We have several others in this area. We are not as warm as the RGV, and we are not as cold as Houston and north of there.

Check out RV Park Reviews for other areas around Dickinson, TX.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #4

We used to go to South Texas, Corpus Christi, and Brownsville. In Corpus Christi we stayed at Puerto Del Sol RV Park right on the beach. It is an old park, but worked for us. In the Brownsville area we stayed at several parks, Breeze Lake Campground, Paul's RV Park, Port Isabel Park Center RV Park (our favorite). There is another RV park in Brownsville that we stayed in once Rio RV Park. The park is Ok, but we hardly fit with our coach. It was really tight. If you're longer than 35 feet I would not recommend it. We found the Texans to be much more friendly than the Floridians (no offense meant), just our experience.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #5

We spent last winter in Texas and loved all of it but the best place was at Lagoon's RV Park in Rockport, just up the road from Corpus about 30 miles. Not far from the beach and the town of Rockport was the BEST. We were there for a month and really enjoyed ourselves. Not the cheapest place but a very nice park, well run.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Before you come to Texas, be sure and have your passport up todate and a properly filled out entry visa form. I can take care of all of the necessary paperwork for you, just send me your bank account number and pass code....Everything will be taken care of......'

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Before you come to Texas, be sure and have your passport up todate and a properly filled out entry visa form. I can take care of all of the necessary paperwork for you, just send me your bank account number and pass code....Everything will be taken care of......'

Ken
Are you the same guy that has the Beach Property in AZ?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
South Texas covers a lot of territory. The RGV (Rio Grand Valley) is the most popular area for Winter Texans. That covers an area from approx. Mission,TX to Brownsville. There are 100's of RV Parts along this stretch of hiway. Victoria Palms, in Donna is one of the pricier ones, in the area of $600 a month + elec. It will have more things for the RV,R to do than you would want to do. You can also find spots in the $175 range with little more than a pad with utilities available. There are folks that have gone to these for years and years and are quite happy to be there. You will find parks with prices between the two!

If I were you I would go online and look for Texas RV Parks, attempt to scope out the area you want to be in, and then ask for peoples recomendations.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome Home, Rio Grande Valley - Home
this is the official home of the Rio Grande Valley for winter texans. We own property in Leisure valley resort in mission texas.Mission is as far west as the rv parks go. A little less crowed in the area and there is shopping close by. www.martinvalleyranches.com is another place to look. We wont be down this winter, but plan on moving there next fall.. Have a great time as the people of texas are very friendly

2008 Itasca Latitude 39w UFO 8.1
YngRvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Ken
I'm sure it would be.lol
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YngRvrs View Post
Welcome Home, Rio Grande Valley - Home
this is the official home of the Rio Grande Valley for winter texans. We own property in Leisure valley resort in mission texas.Mission is as far west as the rv parks go. A little less crowed in the area and there is shopping close by. www.martinvalleyranches.com is another place to look. We wont be down this winter, but plan on moving there next fall.. Have a great time as the people of texas are very friendly
Thanks alot. I will look into this. I have heard alot of good things about texas and and am thinking of the RGV
Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dre View Post
South Texas covers a lot of territory. The RGV (Rio Grand Valley) is the most popular area for Winter Texans. That covers an area from approx. Mission,TX to Brownsville. There are 100's of RV Parts along this stretch of hiway. Victoria Palms, in Donna is one of the pricier ones, in the area of $600 a month + elec. It will have more things for the RV,R to do than you would want to do. You can also find spots in the $175 range with little more than a pad with utilities available. There are folks that have gone to these for years and years and are quite happy to be there. You will find parks with prices between the two!

If I were you I would go online and look for Texas RV Parks, attempt to scope out the area you want to be in, and then ask for peoples recomendations.
Thanks. I will
Old 10-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
I go to Harlingen, in the valley. I like Lakewood real well but there are lots of other parks there also. really nice town. I've never stayed in Florida.
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhover
Looking to spend a couple of months this winter in southern texas. Any recommendations? Thanks Barb
Try lajitas it is between Big Bend state park and Big Bend National park amazing place all we can say is WOW every time we go.....just saying !
Big Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas