Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

RV Parks in southern Texas

Am looking for recommendations on RV parks in southern Texas, Padre Island, Brownsville, Harlingen, etc. for 4 months in winter of 2016/17. This will be my first ever winter as a snow bird but know I'm tired of winter here by Lake Superior. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you in advance

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #2

Haven't stayed in the RV parks in the valley area but I will say this. I'd probably stay in South Padre but be out by March before spring break. I'm from the area so I'd make sure where you're planing on staying has security. Why not try Austin or San Antonio? My parents have stayed at Castroville near SA and it is very very nice they claim. Also a placed called Leisure RV in Fentress TX is a good place to be in the winter months

Old 04-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #3

Lived in San Antonio for a few years. If you decide to stay San Antonio Blazing Star rv park used to be really really nice. I've driven all over the RVG for work but hated driving down there working all day then driving back so I never went down there on a trip. Camping on the beach in Corpus for a few days is really cool. I can't remember if it was called Mustang Island or Padre Island.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #4

You might also check out Rockport near Corpus Christi. Better known as the Redneck Riviera by those of us who know and love the area. Nice quite little town with good places to eat and Corpus is a short drive away. There are several great RV parks near town. Fishing and bird watching are great if your into either of those activities also.
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
Am looking for recommendations on RV parks in southern Texas, Padre Island, Brownsville, Harlingen, etc. for 4 months in winter of 2016/17. This will be my first ever winter as a snow bird but know I'm tired of winter here by Lake Superior. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you in advance
I hope to also Snow Bird this coming winter ... Also Mission Tx. area.
I also never been to Texas.

so I will keep an eye on this thread...

Thanks for any information provided.
Chuck_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:51 PM   #6

We have spent the last five years at the KOA on South Padre Island. (SPI).
Jan thru March yes there are some spring breakes, but never have bothered. For about a week to ten days you just have to pick your time to go to the mainland or up the Blvd. there is also Is lablanca county park on the island.cheaper but is more crowded and some problems with stickers.like march cause it can be the best weather. Can get windy from time to time.
There are several in the valley to numerous to mention. Cheaper but no beach.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:55 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You need to check out Llano Grande in Mercedes TX. It's one of the best in the RGV. Spent a month there this winter and going to come back for Jan and Feb next year. Great activites...4 pools.... tons of stuff to keep you busy. New Event center for food , music etc

Here is the site Llano Grande Lake Park Resort & Country Club

Dave

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas